D&D 5E Necromancer Games--What do you want us to make next?

Henry

Autoexreginated
Big names? (higher cost) or FGG/Necromancer writers (less cost)? Not adventures? If not, then what?

Bill and Crew

One thing i realized is that, of your two Quests books, the majority of adventures are 7th level and over. A more solid block of 1st through 4th level adventures would be ideal, especially because it seems things are trickier to balance in 5e at low levels, and a good 4 or 5 adventures for 1st/2nd/3rd level would be nice to have in the quiver.

Keep up the good work, gents and/or ladies!

Beedo

First Post
I'll second the idea of a rogues gallery style book with both generic and colorful NPCS. Statting NPCS is a chore. I've really enjoyed 5th edition Foes. A wide range of generic NPCS could appear in another monster book too.

The idea of a collection of short delves and side quests is interesting. I don't have any previous versions of Rappan Athuk so a 5e conversion sounds good if you ever reprint it.

JRedmond

Explorer
I have Quests of Doom and its great but I agree it would be nice to have some low level adventures. Also Id love a book of puzzles and traps. An NPC book would be cool too with some backstories on people you can punch into your campaign.

Gilladian

Adventurer
I love one-off or short path (9-30 hours of material) adventures, geared to a wide array of campaign settings, so I can fit them into my campaign world easily. I like magic items. I would love to see more clerical whatcha-ma-callums - domains - because the current smattering doesn't always match what I want my gods to represent. I would like more fighter maneuvers. More monsters wouldn't be bad, but I don't really need them. I can generally grab a monster from one of my dozen or more previous edition books and in 5 minutes throw something workable together in 5e.

But adventures, adventure ideas, methods for designing adventures of specific types, whether that be regions of the world, or particular milieus (an arabic-flavored conversion would be lovely), or genres - I don't do horror, but many people love it, and a book on how to make horror adventures, or how to write good free-flowing mysteries, or how to construct situations in which romance/emotion-based adventures work well, would be superb.

As far as book format - I want PDF. I almost don't buy physical gaming books any more. I use my tablet for reading, and I either copy-paste to text so I can edit as needed, or I just print, cut out the parts I want physically, and paste back together and scan. I know, I'm crude, but it ends up getting me what I want!

I rarely notice authors' names (sorry!) and almost never the illustrator. Those things just don't really matter to me. I buy from Frog God/Necromancer because I've always liked your stuff. I trust you to pick good writers, but who they are doesn't really impinge on my notice.

If I DO buy print books, the thing I want more than anything else is easy to read print. I'm almost legally blind, and I find 10 point font indecipherably small. Give me good bold black print on white paper. I've had to add page tabs to all my 5e books, because I can't read the page numbers at all. Give me minimal fanciful art that I never look at anyway. Library binding is great - I'm a librarian and I know its worth, but I still want non-glossy pages for easy reading, so the ink doesn't smudge, etc... I have to send my glossy graphic novels back to the bindery often enough to know that no matter the quality of the binding, that glossy paper WILL slither out. It's cursed, or possessed, or something.

Maps, however, are VERY important to me. I want good maps. Logical, realistic, and fun. Lots of them. Player maps as well as DM maps. I'd have KILLED for a player map of the Wave Echo Mines. I'd have killed for a map that made a REASONABLE functioning mine, too, so I didn't have to entirely redraw it. A mine that didn't have an easy way to get the ore to the smelters? Ha! come on! THINK logically!!! I hate it when I have to spend 15 minutes figuring out just which way the stairs on a given level are running. Half the time I never do.

A version of Fifth Edition Foes with a level of fluff equivalent to the 5e Monster Manual. ;)

Okay, cynicism aside.... I imagine a PC option book is out without a licence, and I think we're good for monsters. (Althought.... I would like to see a book of high level monsters, though. That's something that's really been under supported. Both by WotC and Fifth Edition Foes.)
So that leaves adventures and setting products.

WotC is kinda doing big epic things. Big mega-crossovers. Grand stories that can be leveraged into a 1-15+ campaign and an MMO storyline and a miniature line and the theme six months of D&D Expeditions Organized Play adventures.
Smaller adventures and modules don't work for that kind of thing. You can't have an exploration module or a sandbox or player driven story, because that won't synergize with a Neverwinter expansion and won't spawn stories across the continent.

I'd like to see some smaller adventures. I know a lot of people want smaller modules.
And something more sandbox would also be nice. It'd be neat to have a book like Ptolus or Freeport dedicated to a region. A big gazetteer of a large valley that's like a super Keep on the Borderlands, where you can gradually explore outward and face deadlier menaces.

werecorpse

Adventurer
1. PDF
2. A portable setting like a city, town or maybe a valley with a couple of villages (I can do without this so it's optional but desired)
3. Hooks leading to adventure within the setting - preferably scavenger hunt ( ie get 2 maguffins from different spots, deliver to x, then take what given to use to do y) rather than trip out & back.
4. Adventures that are able to be completed by appropriate level characters in 0-1 long rest ( ie not needing multiple forays to resolve) - if the adventure requires more than 1 long rest a damn good reason why inhabitants don't respond to players - if they do how they respond.
5. Hooks within adventures leading to other adventures
6. Progress within the world independent of the PC's
7. Clean line not overly complicated art
8. NPC back stories kept brief.- avoid information overload please.

The more what you produce looks like a PDF compilation of a bunch of theme linked dungeon magazine adventures the better.

Thanks for asking & good luck

Bera

Explorer
Book of Lairs!

Or maybe something along the lines of the 2nd edition "sites" series. Also, give us a table or a little advice to scale things up or down for party and level.

Also, digital releases could include maps scaled for use at the table (without secrets indicated) so we can easily print them ourselves. Possibly

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
I'd like to see an adventure that features a lot of social interaction.
Have you seen Kobold Press's Courts of the Shadow Fey? There is a lot of social interaction in that adventure. Also, it's quite good, in my humble opinion.

But to address Necromancer/Frog God Games, I just want you to make one thing:

Money.

I want you to sell product like you've never sold before. Sell enough so you can all quit your day jobs and do this full time. I own Eldritch Sorcery for 3E, the huge hardback Slumbering Tsar, and over a dozen other modules. I supported your 5E Kickstarter for the spell book and am eagerly awaiting its publication--even if my stingy DM won't allow it in his game.

Your stuff is unique and interesting and always useful. Please keep up the good work.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases