Artificer UA to be released in February

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
'thanks for your patience'.
Finally they admitted having a release delay. This is a good step towards having a fair approach towards the fan base regarding timing.
However, I really expected having the final thing, not another UA again.
I don't think that's indicative of a release delay (though there may be one). It could be as simple as them being aware that people have been asking for the update on the artificer and thanking them for being patient while they finalised their updates to the class.

D

DQDesign

Is that your official opinion?

it is simply the way the things are. years ago companies used press releases, but in the last years they started to use social networking services to state their official declarations.

D

DQDesign

I don't think that's indicative of a release delay (though there may be one). It could be as simple as them being aware that people have been asking for the update on the artificer and thanking them for being patient while they finalised their updates to the class.

I don't know... the first version of the Artificer (a subclass of the wizard, at that time
http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/unearthed-arcana-eberron ) is four years old, and six months passed since the wayfinder guide is out... IMHO is a delay.

but it is always difficult, for me at least, decoding their official communications, so also your idea could be right.

I am not quoting anyone in particular, but if feels like I would have to quote at least a half dozen people if I did. lol

First, Mearls and/or Crawford have posted to Twitter more than once about the Artificer's delays during 2018. This was not the first delay announcement or apology.

Second, the Artificer will be part of the official Eberron book, as stated previously by either Mearls or Crawford, I can never remember which says what. So anyone who pays the $20 for the Wayfinders Guide to Eberron pdf will get the finalized version once it is added to the pdf. And considering all the other player options in the book now, and likely more added along with the artificer, that $20 is probably worth it. Besides, the more it sells, the more likely WotC is to do the same thing with other D&D worlds. Do you want a new Dark Sun setting book? Or maybe Spelljammer? Buy this one to show them the idea works.

dave2008

Legend
Hopefully this artificer actually resembles the Eberron class. I had been losing hope that 5e would ever do Eberron justice.
Isn't the DMs Guild product written by the person you made Eberron? How does it fail to do justice to the setting? I'm curious as I haven't purchased the product. Or is there something else you are talking about?

Stacie GmrGrl

Adventurer
I'm just curious if they made an attempt at a crafting system. If not I'll just stick to the Gadgeteer and Craftsman classes from Mage Hand Press.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases