Two New Settings For D&D This Year

if it comes out this year i would agree with you. Possibly published by a third party company that has a good reputation (Green Ronin etc) However if it’s coming next year I would stake all the money in my pockets that it will be a Curse of Strahd style book. Campaign with background and new monsters etc. Curse of Strahd was too successful not to repeat!

if it comes out this year i would agree with you. Possibly published by a third party company that has a good reputation (Green Ronin etc)

However if it’s coming next year I would stake all the money in my pockets that it will be a Curse of Strahd style book. Campaign with background and new monsters etc. Curse of Strahd was too successful not to repeat!

Bitbrain

Lost in Dark Sun
Hmm... Interesting. :hmm:

View attachment 98150

I guess the one that I've marked as Ravenloft could also be Birthright, but I don't think it would come second in the video. Also, the Greyhawk/Nerath and Eberron guesses could be switched. The third one that appears looks a lot like the Eberron logo from the 3E era books.

Just checked out the Eberron Logo. You're right. The far right glyph looks very similar to the dragon symbol on the old Eberron logo, and so might be Eberron instead of Grayhawk.

Those people that get pissed off by the Realms do get pissed off a lot lately

I would be perfectly happy with Al-Qadim and Kara-Tur. It's generic pseudo-medieval in general I am bored with, not the Forgotten Realms.

Greyhawk would be a disappointment, as that is just as generically pseudo-medieval as the Sword Coast.

gyor

Legend
I would be perfectly happy with Al-Qadim and Kara-Tur. It's generic pseudo-medieval in general I am bored with, not the Forgotten Realms.

Greyhawk would be a disappointment, as that is just as generically pseudo-medieval as the Sword Coast.

There are some very none midevil themed areas of Faerun, like the Old Empires region, Thay, the Shining South, Hoardlands for example.

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer
My guess is combo Planescape/Spelljammer.

Keith Baker become much more "busy" about 6-8mo ago. If he had begun working with WotC on Eberron, this summer is way too soon for Eberron (unless it's just a quick pdf and opening DMs Guild...). My guess is Eberron, with the artificer, next year.

My other guess is they'll release Dark Sun brfore Eberron, with psionics. Dark Sun is more appealing to hardcore and longtime gamers, and it would be easier to release paionics in advance of Eberron, as oppossed to after.

Remathilis

Legend
Thunder Rift...the setting of the Classic D&D black box set and module line.

9faba5582b93d7fb310efb5ba1d48d2e.jpg

Hmm... Interesting. :hmm:

View attachment 98150

I guess the one that I've marked as Ravenloft could also be Birthright, but I don't think it would come second in the video. Also, the Greyhawk/Nerath and Eberron guesses could be switched. The third one that appears looks a lot like the Eberron logo from the 3E era books.

Maybe....
But likely unrelated and just coincidentally teased on the same day.

After all, they’re not going to lock themselves into eight settings until the know people care about the first few. Or limit themselves if the project is a huge smash.

DM Howard

Explorer
Because the Well of Ideas is completely dry and all that's left to do is rehash the old. Haven't you been paying attention to the movies?

So what you're really saying is that you're sorta up for anything...or maybe that you're up for some things...but not PS or SJ.

No, I'm totally up for seeing 5E Planescape or Spelljammer. I, personally, just don't see the draw and why so many people apparently want them.

Planescape and Spelljammer have similar points of appeal. They are both high magic, high fantasy, and about as far from grounded, mud and blood Game-of-Thronesism as it is possible to get. If the point is to have something different, this is as different as it gets.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads