CoS Warlock Spell Choice

Gavin O.

First Post
Personally, I'd take Elemental Weapon for your fighter.

And yes indeed. Hold person is a single target damage buff that gives your party instant crits, where hypnotic Patterns will disable a group of enemies. Also worth noting that Hold Person uses your concentration and Hypnotic Pattern does now.

Magic Weapon is a Wizard exclusive spells, it's not available to Clerics or Druids. I would run Elemental Weapon over Hex, since +1 to hit and +1d4 damage is usually better than +1d6 damage, and you can bypass resistances to nonmagical weapons.

laughinggas

First Post
Personally, I'd take Elemental Weapon for your fighter.

And yes indeed. Hold person is a single target damage buff that gives your party instant crits, where hypnotic Patterns will disable a group of enemies. Also worth noting that Hold Person uses your concentration and Hypnotic Pattern does now.

Magic Weapon is a Wizard exclusive spells, it's not available to Clerics or Druids. I would run Elemental Weapon over Hex, since +1 to hit and +1d4 damage is usually better than +1d6 damage, and you can bypass resistances to nonmagical weapons.

I was thinking of our Paladin who currently only ever uses spell slots for smite (might as well use his concentration on magic weapon right?).

My concentration is less likely to break (due to being a ranged character), but that would also free me up to keep other debuffs active.

pdegan2814

First Post
I'm currently playing a Level 6 Warlock in Curse Of Strahd, let me put my two cents in for Thunder Step. It's the lovechild of Dimension Door and Shatter, and it can be used multiple ways. Walk up to a cluster of bad guys, drop a grenade and BAMF away. Or walk up to an ally who's surrounded and do the same thing, getting them out of trouble at the same time. Or get YOURSELF out of trouble if you're the one surrounded. The 90' range means most enemies won't be able to catch up to you on their next turn even if they Dash. And while it's LOUD, and therefore not viable when you're trying not to attract attention, Thunder damage is rarely resisted.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases