Pathfinder 2E [OOC] JM's "Doomsday Dawn" Pathfinder 2 Playtest Adventure. (Closed)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I agree but I can see how it can be interpreted as such.

Yeah, it's a valid criticism on the way it's written. Obviously, no one should actually play it that way. But pointing out that the rules say it and need to be fixed is an important part of why we're playtesting!

This isn't gonna be the only place we get surprised by the rules.

Speaking of which, has anyone noticed how persistent damage works? It's a little confusing and you have to look all over the place to gather all the rules involved.

Yeah, it's a valid criticism on the way it's written. Obviously, no one should actually play it that way. But pointing out that the rules say it and need to be fixed is an important part of why we're playtesting!

This isn't gonna be the only place we get surprised by the rules.

Speaking of which, has anyone noticed how persistent damage works? It's a little confusing and you have to look all over the place to gather all the rules involved.

There is a pretty good write up on persistent damage on p. 323.

[MENTION=813]jmucchiello[/MENTION]

Hey just wanted to give you a heads up I am going away for the weekend with limited internet access. I am leaving tomorrow and will be back sometime Monday night.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
This week's Twitch post states that the Sorcerer's Bloodline skills are just supposed to be Signature, not Trained (will be Errata'd). Sorcerers are not Rogue-like skill monkeys, I'm afraid.

Radaceus

Adventurer
been sick as for two days...

anyways, regarding signature skills. I missed the definition on page 43, in my read through for creation, (because i used the walk through on pages 12-20, which never pointed me to pg 43, though it did point me to chapter 4, where i missed the significance of signature skills ...did i mention that this book reminds of my using the 1E PHB to rollup back in the day?...)

so it says
Signature Skills
This entry lists the skills in which members of your
character’s class are naturally adept. In most cases, it’s
a good idea to allocate your character’s starting skill
proficiencies to her signature skills, though doing so is not
required. At higher levels, your character can increase her
proficiency ranks in these skills to master or legendary.
She typically cannot do so in nonsignature skills.

So I think the rules are clear. I should choose Crafting + the 4 granted by the bloodline if I want to get a master rank in those later.

I'll deselect and edit my sheet to reflect that i have 5 less skills.

Remove ads