The Untamed Wilds: Caravan Campaign

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
OOC:
Wow, the small awards we've been getting lately have started to add up. We all have 12 xp that we've received since March 8th just for roleplaying, and I think Sannit got a +1, making him sitting at 13 xp. If we wait, and spend them after the next major xp award (25 pts or more) we should all be able to make MAJOR upgrades! :)

GM: True!

Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 36: Evening Tasks

OOC: Aust and Revan are parked in Southroad Fair and no longer trailing with the party.

GM: Character records are updated to reflect new armor.

Tor, Merin, Sannit, Bolo, Saemund

Sheldon -
Hey Merin, since Sannit is already proficient at finding precious metals and we do not currently need the extended range beyond the stream bed, why don't you and Tor search for practical metals like iron and nickel, in addition to titanium.

Since there are enough searching for such, I will see about finding some food while Indigo goes with Bolo.

Saemund, since you don't have a range weapon and are not able to manipulate way at a distance, why don't you work with the others searching for metals
[sblock=Detect Mineral]Range = Cohesion + Will
Effectiveness = Essence + Mind + Cohesion + Knowledge + Will + Collegiate + Aberrative + Academic + Theologic
Tor = 10, 45 - 69 = -24: seconds
Merin = 9, 52 - 67 = -15: seconds
Sannit = 12, 44 - 19 = 25: instantaneous[/sblock]
[sblock=Availability]Iron = 78 + 40 = 118: Trivial
Copper = 69 - 40 = 29: None
Silver = 07 - 60 = -53: None
Gold = 38 - 80 = -42: None
Titanium = 52 - 100 = -48: None
Nickel = 21 - 60 = -39: None[/sblock]
GM: After concentrating for only a few seconds, everyone is certain there is a trivial amount of iron in the area and nothing else.

[sblock=Detect Lighter Pine]Same skills as Detect Mineral at this point.
Merin = 9, 52 - 26 = 26: instantaneoes[/sblock]
[sblock=Availability]Lighter Pine = 63 + 100 = 163: d10
Quantity = 7 measures[/sblock]
GM: Being prevalent in the area, it only takes a few seconds for Merin to collect 7 measures worth of lighter pine.

[sblock=Detect Herbs]Same skills as Detect Mineral at this point.
Bolo = 13, 56 - 06 = 50: instantaneous
Indigo = 11, 48 - 27 = 21: instantaneous[/sblock]
[sblock=Availability]Mend Leaf = 65 - 80 = -15: None
Soothe Leaf = 18 - 120 = -102: None
Mend Bark = 12 - 140 = -128: None
Soothe Bark = 76 - 180 = -104: None
Random Search for Anything = 29 = Nothing[/sblock]
GM: Bolo and Indigo are certain that there are no herbs of similar type to what they are carrying but search the area for other possibilities until dark. They do not find any usable herbs but they do return with a rabbit for supper.

[sblock=Detect Reptile]Same skills as Detect Mineral at this point.[/sblock]
[sblock=Avaialbility]Reptiles = 89 + 48 = normal size[/sblock]
GM: As always in warmer climates, Merin detects many reptiles. Searching them out until dark locates nothing larger than a man's arm. He does however return with a rabbit for supper.

[sblock=Hunting]Range = Cohesion + Will
Effectiveness = Essence + Mind + Cohesion + Knowledge + Will + Collegiate + Commercial + Aberrative + Academic + Theologic + Obscurative
Sheldon = 14, 68 + 61 + 45 (1 hour) + 34 (2 hours) = 208: Rodent[/sblock]
GM: After 2 hours of hunting, Sheldon is only able to return with 2 rabbits. While 4 rabbits is not much meal for 7 people and a bear, a few fish from the stream helps.

Last edited:

MacConnell

Day 37: Searching for the Haunted Tree, Day 2

The previous night was uneventful, except for the rain, which is rather expected at this time of year. Travel is also uneventful through midday. The few fish from the stream are not an providing adequate food supply. Shortly after continuing on from the midday rest, the party spooks a covey of large game birds and is able to take 3 of them before the rest escape, which will help for the evening meal.

Late in the afternoon, the party comes upon a group of large emerald beetles. The beetles are about the size of a person's head and are surprisingly quick in their desire to flee from approaching danger and only one is captured. Once the desired carapace is removed, Turtle happily eats the remainder.

OOC: New Collections:
1 Emerald Beetle Carapace

The remainder of the afternoon is uneventful.

GM: State any specific intentions or tasks, (even if it seems redundant at this point).

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Merin and Tor will search for useful metals (Iron, Nickel, Copper, Titanium) and also, as time permits, they will search for the minerals (?) that the blacksmith wanted:

The Blacksmith said:
"...This shiny black rock is called Carbone. The other is called Pietrazulfo. They are found in mountain areas but I do not know where. I need these to forge alloys."

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
San-Bolo use the beetle carapace to try and find the others, hunting them if necessary to bring more carapace back for Maeli.

Sannit will help with metal and mineral location, working with Saemund to show him their developing technique.

Bolo and Turtle continue to help with plants and animals, including finding lizards. Bolo thinks about making a journal next time she in town to start drawing specimens.

MacConnell

Evening Tasks, Part 1

Merin and Tor will search for useful metals (Iron, Nickel, Copper, Titanium) and also, as time permits, they will search for the minerals (?) that the blacksmith wanted:
[sblock=Availability]Iron = 23 + 40 = 63: faint
Nickel = 71 - 60 = 11: none
Copper = 46 - 40 = 6: none
Titanium = 46 - 100 = -54: none[/sblock]
GM: Within a matter of seconds, Tor and Merin determine that no other ores are present other than a faint amount of iron. Carbone and Pietrazulfo are not to be found in this area.

Last edited:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Saemund walks with Sannit's attempting to learn to locate minerals. He picks up a rock near his foot, and shows it to Sannit. Is this one of your valuable stones?

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Sannit chuckles, "You need to feel with your mind for the right minerals, Saemund, not look with your eyes. The metal will speak to you if you know how to listen. What we are looking for will make our weapons sharper and stronger than anything else, and since our enemies have wealth we can use all the advantages we can get."
After a short pause he adds, "Manipulating way does much more for us than digging in the dirt. When you are in harmony with your surroundings it will make you a better warrior as well, knowing when and how to strike your opponent to maximum effect. Bolo and I train every night, practicing using way to defend as well as attack. Trust me when I say if you come up against a proficient way user, which is almost certain as a Seeker, you want more than just your axe to fight with. They will take your will from you, and make you a slave if they can."

Last edited:

MacConnell

Day 37: Evening Tasks, Part 2

OOC: GM Note: For benefit of having a new player, the vast majority of the countryside is completely undeveloped. Some indigenous peoples are still functioning at Stone Age technology, hence the name of the system, The Untamed Wilds. Any materials the Seekers are able to locate serves to provide them income, and depending on the quantity, helps develop a greater means of income for the Southroad Fair community. This is why each day the tasks are specified by each character. Part of the purpose for the Southroad Seekers is to help the development of their newly adopted community.

Sannit chuckles, "You need to feel with your mind for the right minerals, Saemund, not look with your eyes. The metal will speak to you if you know how to listen. What we are looking for will make our weapons sharper and stronger than anything else, and since our enemies have wealth we can use all the advantages we can get."
After a short pause he adds, "Manipulating way does much more for us than digging in the dirt. When you are in harmony with your surroundings it will make you a better warrior as well, knowing when and how to strike your opponent to maximum effect. Bolo and I train every night, practicing using way to defend as well as attack. Trust me when I say if you come up against a proficient way user, which is almost certain as a Seeker, you want more than just your axe to fight with. They will take your will from you, and make you a slave if they can."
GM: Excellent explanation! +1 XP for everyone.

Last edited:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Saemund looks at Sannit, a smirk comes across his face. "A woman once told me I needed to learn how to listen, if your expensive rocks have as much to say as this woman did we shouldn't have any problem finding them." Saemund returns to seriousness," Feel the rocks you say? Listen to them???", "Very well then, I'll attempt to listen for them, hopefully they will call out like dying men to their mothers." "And I like this idea of being a better warrior, I will need to become proficient in manipulating way, anything that will give me an advantage in battle. I think I can learn to listen for that.

Remove ads