Into Khybers Gate

Erekose13

Explorer
"Disguises would be best. Now how will we go about enticing the Boromars to enter our little trap? A simple message? I'm not even sure how to contact them. Wait you said that the assassins hunting you were Boromar. Its too bad that we couldnt have planted evidence on them that Daask was behind the foiled attempt." replies Bloodtalon trying to think of a plan that would work to get both groups together.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"There is one option that I can see. We could use my contacts to get a message to informants on both sides. It would require you to meet with both sides and deliver the message. I know enough of the code words for both sides to at least get you started. Sedar, you will be more easily accepted by the Boromar clan as their top ranks are largely populated by your race. Bloodtalon, you will more easily mingle with the Daask given their members are made up of many... unusual races.

That is one option, though I am certainly open to other suggestions. Once we have a plan, it won't take long to implement. Information as important as this will quickly make its way up the ranks. Once they take the bait, you'll have to quickly make your way down to Khyber's gate in disguise and raid Cask's shop. Bring back any books, documents, or other important looking items."

Erekose13

Explorer
"That sounds like a plan. The information we are to leak, the Cask's next shipment, do you have that information?" asks Bloodtalon making sure that he's got the bases covered. "With that we know the location that they will both be moving towards and hopefully have time to set up a little ways away to sneak into the shop while they are confronting one another."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"My informants told me to expect the shipment in two days time. Supposedly it will be arriving via the docks. They will likely wait until nightfall before landing to better hide their operation. The port is always busy, so it is not entirely unusual for a ship to arrive that late. We're going to inform them that the warehouse where the ship's cargo will be unloaded to is the location of the arrack. This will draw some members of Daask away from Khyber's Gate and should get them far enough away that you will have time to escape even if an alarm is raised."

Erekose13

Explorer
"That sounds good, you mentioned earlier that you'd like us to deliver the messages to the two parties. Do you have contacts through which we might make connections to these two groups? I personally have had experience with Daask, but do not know anyone that I might contact."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"You will be traveling to the Middle Menthis Plateau, in that section of the city you will find the Little Plains district, a place with which you are no doubt familiar. Many halflings reside there so you will have no difficulty going unnoticed. There is a bar there, the Glidewings Perch, where you can find your contact. His name is Rupa, and is the barkeep there."
He turns to Bloodtalon and says, "Your task will be much more dangerous I'm afraid. There are few places outside of Khyber's Gate where you can make contact with the Daask. Of our limited choices, the Callestan district in the Lower Dura is the one you'll use to reach them. It's a district with numerous inns and was a former stronghold of the Boromar clan. In the last two years however the Daask has been raiding it heavily and forced the Boromar clan back. Other criminal organizations are also moving into the power vacuum left by the retreating Boromar, creating a crossroads of criminals so to speak. Look for the inn called "Sky's Shelter". There are usually more than a few goblinoids there and they should be able to put you in contact with the Daask. Unfortunately I don't have a specific person to send you to. The Daask is a very fluid organization and it can be difficult to maintain ties."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"If there are no other questions, I'll get to work immediately forging some letters you can present to help convince your contacts that the raid will occur. I have some kits and outfits stored in a locker beneath the bed that you can use to disguise your appearance. It may be a bit late to find your contacts now, so I recommend you set out tomorrow. After that we'll have to hope they take the bait."
He walks over and pulls out a large heavy locker and opens it for you. He then opens a cupboard and withdraws some sheets of paper, ink, and a quill and sets to work writing out some letters for you to carry with you.

OOC
[SBLOCK]
You can do your disguises now if you like. If there is anything you'd like to do about town you have tonight and tomorrow morning (game time).

Also, at this point your characters have accumulated a lot of XP. I'd like to assign it now so you have a chance to up your characters to level 2.

Current XP Tally:
3 Goblins - 300xp
2 Monstrous Scorpions - 300xp
Assassins - 400xp

1,000xp total.
[/SBLOCK]

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: we should also get time XP. 50*level*months played. So 50*1*11=550.

"Thanks, I think the plan is set, I'll work on my disguise." says Bloodtalon.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
ooc - Ahh, okay, I wasn't sure how that was supposed to work. When I read it in the guidelines I thought it was only for characters level 8 and above.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases