Dungeon of the Fire Opal, part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeavyG

First Post
This thread continues the non-iconics adventure.

We're presently running a modified version of "Dungeon of the Fire Opal" from Dungeon magazine 84.

This is an in-character thread, which means that only the current players can post here. Any comment by non-players will have me asking a moderator to delete it.

Everybody is welcome to read the adventure and comment in the out-of-character (OOC) thread, which will be up shortly.

Enjoy !

Here are the characters.

Here is the third part of the adventure.

Last edited:

HeavyG

First Post
Jalon Odessa said:
Wiping his ichor-covered blade on his white surcoat, Jalon walks towards the witch held fast by Ubaar with quick yet measured steps.

'Do you speak the common tongue, fiend? Your abhorant deeds shall not go unpunished, yet indeed you deserve the right to defend your actions and make your peace. If you cannot, or chose not to communicate or cooperate, then I have no choice but to exact justice in the name of my lord Tyr.'

Jalon recognizes the language as Infernal. He doesn't understand it, though.

The witch looks at Jalon, but doesn't answer.

Murhid

First Post
Murhid sitting down on a large rock near the group, takes his water skin from around his arm and drinks.

Jalon Odessa

First Post
Murhid said:
During the slight pause Murhid speaks up "Kill her... she won't talk"

'Not as hastily as that, Monk - I have come prepared for such a situation.'

Jalon sheathes his blade and opens a small case attatched to his belt, from which he pulls a scroll of white parchment. The priest reads from the scroll, the strange, spidery language of magic.

[Jalon uses his Comprehend Languages scroll.]

reapersaurus

First Post
Ubaar agitatedly yells at the witch in common, shaking her again - "Where do you get off, witch?!
You send your slime helpers at us, almost kill us, cause us pain and agony - I'm STILL hurtin from the slice I got from your little demon-pets!
And then you just lay down like a dog to die?
Where's your strength NOW?
Just like a mage - lacking strength when it really matters!"

Ubaar throws the witch down over towards Kytess, saying "Someone else take her - I'm gonna kill her if i have to see her face any more."

Ubaar is still VERY upset, yelling about the witch's punk-a$$ nature and no-goodness to anyone who pays attention.
He picks up his hunting bow from where he dropped it, and releases some anger by kicking at the wall, loosening the decayed bricks and taking a hack with his greatsword at a broken-down log before summoning his concentration to pray for the Thunderbeast's strength to heal him of the grevious wounds he took in the short, fierce battle.

Doppleganger

First Post
The wall beneath the elf's feet rumbles and shakes after the half-orc kicks it, so Ivellios scuttles down to the ground and slides his bow into his hands again.

"I wouldn't want to risk allowing her to escape, heal up, and get reinforcements. We better eliminate her as a threat. Or maybe the church back in the human town has a way of dealing with the likes of her?"

The elf scans the ruins and keeps a look out while the others deal with the witch.

"I'll stand guard."

He does a short patrol loop around the gathered adventurers, making a circle at about a 150' distance from the center.

(OOC Are there any animals or trees within sight?)

HeavyG

First Post
As Jalon casts the spell from his scroll, the witch (now in a heap on the ground) looks at him.

When he's finished, she says, still in her alien tongue,
"So you can't understand the language of Hell, holy man ? Why did you have to meddle in things that do not concern you ? Go ahead, kill me, ha ! You think I care ? "

She spits on the ground, then goes silent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads