NPC/Monster Cards

MicDude

First Post
Hello, I'm new to the forum and playing D&D in general. I found your Spell cards for 5e PDF in the downloads section a while ago, and I was wondering if there was any way to print the cards that have runoff descriptions on the opposite side (2 sided) instead of how it is now. BTW I think all of your material will be very useful when I start playing so thanks for putting it up. :D

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
[MENTION=6711256]damattage[/MENTION], I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that looks like a bunch of WotC's text you're distributing there. They send C&Ds for that sort of thing.

damattage

Explorer
@damattage, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that looks like a bunch of WotC's text you're distributing there. They send C&Ds for that sort of thing.

Yep. Same for my spell cards and condition cards. Verbatim. Copied, pasted, font changed. I don't see a problem since I consider this fair use. If someone sends C&D then that's fine. I have no intention of running afoul of WOTC's Lawyers. If it comes to that I'll stop distributing them. Until then, I feel people should be able to use them until a better option comes along. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I appreciate it.

Hello, I'm new to the forum and playing D&D in general. I found your Spell cards for 5e PDF in the downloads section a while ago, and I was wondering if there was any way to print the cards that have runoff descriptions on the opposite side (2 sided) instead of how it is now. BTW I think all of your material will be very useful when I start playing so thanks for putting it up.

Check them again. I've done a little updating to them since they were initially added. Most spell descriptions which were too long to fit on a single card now simply advise you to see the rulebook and only contain a cursory description of the spell. I'm open to other suggestions though.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yep. Same for my spell cards and condition cards. Verbatim. Copied, pasted, font changed. I don't see a problem since I consider this fair use. If someone sends C&D then that's fine. I have no intention of running afoul of WOTC's Lawyers. If it comes to that I'll stop distributing them. Until then, I feel people should be able to use them until a better option comes along. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I appreciate it.

That's very kind of you, but it's *me* they'll send the letter to. Sorry man, blank cards are fine, but copy/pasted text isn't something I'm willing to risk.

I mean, if you do it yourself on your Google docs or what-have-you, that's none of my business. That's probably the best way to do it. But not on here. :)

Last edited:

MicDude

First Post

Check them again. I've done a little updating to them since they were initially added. Most spell descriptions which were too long to fit on a single card now simply advise you to see the rulebook and only contain a cursory description of the spell. I'm open to other suggestions though.

Thanks alot man. These will be very helpful. :D As far as posting the official material, I don't see a problem with posting it. I will say that I think that only those who own the appropriate material should download this content because WotC does own it and should only be for "ease of use" purposes. Just my 2 cents.

damattage

Explorer
That's very kind of you, but it's *me* they'll send the letter to. Sorry man, blank cards are fine, but copy/pasted text isn't something I'm willing to risk.

I mean, if you do it yourself on your Google docs or what-have-you, that's none of my business. That's probably the best way to do it. But not on here. :)

Ok that's fine. Do what you must. I understand completely. I tried to delete them but kept getting an error.

mips42

Adventurer
I almost always have cards like this for NPC's and monsters when I run a game and they work really well, even when there's multiples of the same monster.
FWIW I use publisher for mine, rather than word but these look good.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases