Do You Play in AL?

Do You Play in AL?

pogre

Legend
I run AL at conventions and occasionally as a pick up game at home. It is very handy when folks come in from out of town. Never played and I have never run AL at a shop.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
I played LFR and AL at conventions (I happen to live close to The Big Three 'Cons, so hooray for me!).

I had to stop playing when my financial situation got too bleeding-edge to save up enough money to take a three-day weekend.
That problem is almost fixed; I'm looking forward to returning to AL this winter.

I play AL at cons, and run an AL-ish weekly open table at a gaming café. I say AL-ish, because I don’t do the paperwork or require DCI numbers of my players. In all other ways, I try to follow AL rules and guidelines. I find it cuts down on the nonsense I have to deal with.

darjr

I crit!
You don’t need DCI numbers for AL. Never had. Also as DM you need not do any paperwork, only players need to track things.

Even then players only need to track if they want to be able to validate things with other AL groups or DMs.

Finally the DCI numbers are only to give the store credit with WotC, and you can do that with Non AL home brew games. H*ck you can do that with AD&D, I think.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
It was always going to skew high.
AL players (and those who care) will see the poll and pop in to vote. Those who don’t care will just ignore and not bother to vote.

Even half that is surprising to me though. Heck, maybe even a quarter of that is surprising.

Remove ads