Three Years in the Making...

C4

Explorer
Interesting point! Because you also use multi-step conditions, have you considered replacing flanking with increasing "ally bonus"?
I have not. Let's consider, there are a couple of approaches to this idea I can think of:

1. Flanking grants an unnamed (or 'ally/flanking') bonus which scales with # of flankers, rather than advantage. This makes other means of gaining advantage a bit more valuable, but makes bennies gained by having advantage much less valuable. (There will be an assassin legendary prestige, with a sneak attack type feature!)

2. Advantage itself becomes a variable bonus, which in the case of flanking scales with # of flankers. Naturally I'd want to revisit other means of gaining advantage, and consider assigning them different advantage bonuses.

In both cases, mobs become much scarier, particularly those with ranged attacks. (Since they can flank too in PoL.)

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
In both cases, mobs become much scarier, particularly those with ranged attacks. (Since they can flank too in PoL.)

I could see granting that stacking only to ones with a team_work ability or one with a leader granting team work ability

C4

Explorer
Added a folder in 'PoL Player Whites' filled with small JPEGs that describe each condition. I figure players and GMs can throw a bunch of these JPEGs into a Word or Paint doc, depending on which conditions their PCs/monsters use, print & cut 'em out, and then hand them around during play as convenient reminders. They're pretty boring, but ought to serve their purpose -- maybe I'll color code or fiddle with them at some point!

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Sure!

Lembas - Specially crafted cakes, made using a secret recipe of the elves. Requires 5gp worth of ingredients suitable for healing rituals. Keeps up to 6 months. You can gain the benefits of a long rest with only four hours, 2 of which must be spent sleeping.

Rock Rations - Leave it to a dwarf to figure out how to make a rock edible, but don't count on it tasting good! Keeps forever (some have been known to be good after 1000's of years of storage). Gain an extra hit point each time you take a short rest after eating one meal of these, until your next long rest. Requires 5g worth of ingredients suitable for arcane rituals.

Gorp - Certain human tribes and frontierswomen (lets face it, it was the women that figured this out) have developed a recipe of dried fruits picked only from specific blessed bushes, honey, and wild grains. It requires 5gp worth of ritual components to make this. Once per day when you spend a surge to gain healing, heal an extra 1d6 hit points. Gain a +1 bonus to one death save each day.

Each of these, and others may exist of course, require half a day to prepare and serve as an entire day's worth of rations, at a weight of 1/4 pound. The formula for each one is considered to be a Martial Practice, and costs 125gp to learn, assuming you can find someone willing to share such knowledge, as it isn't given freely, especially to members of other races or groups.

While such goods are almost never sold on the market, they may be procured from allies or discovered in storage or in someone's equipment.

Additional possibilities

Orcish blood wine (hey, they had it first, the Klingons ripped it off!), kobold dried fungus, gnomish cakes, halfling pipe weed, etc. Warriors and adventurers of these races may be equipped with these materials, and they might fall into the hands of PCs now and then, though differences in physiology between humans and other races might cause some difficulties.

This is getting saved for Martial Power III
thank you for your flavor text contribution.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Added a folder in 'PoL Player Whites' filled with small JPEGs that describe each condition. I figure players and GMs can throw a bunch of these JPEGs into a Word or Paint doc, depending on which conditions their PCs/monsters use, print & cut 'em out, and then hand them around during play as convenient reminders. They're pretty boring, but ought to serve their purpose -- maybe I'll color code or fiddle with them at some point!

Nice! My wife did a whole deck of condition cards a while back, and it really helps during play to have them handy.

Jhaelen

First Post
Was there an outstanding query to bump?
To be honest, I have no idea.
I've been bumping the thread because of a forum software issue caused if the last post has been created by someone on my ignore list. I don't know of any other way to get rid of its 'unread' status.

Balesir

Adventurer
Hi, and sorry for not responding earlier. I hadn't seen this because I don't come around here much, these days... Must drop by once in a while.

I have downloaded a few of the PDFs and will check them out once the current rush of convention season is over!

Remove ads