Ashin's Commission: The Great Escape!

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: If he doesn't want to jump, he shall have to wait for Ironwolf to defeat his final two opponents, as they are directly and dangerously in the way for the safe descent)

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The first attack barely manages to drop one opponent, but the follow-through is insufficient to defeat the other opponent.*

*The last remaining Afflicted of the entire bunch snarls angrily but continues to fight unto death, clawing Ironwolf twice, one of which barely hits only because Ironwolf is such a big target.*

(OOC: Ironwolf takes 24, but would have only been 9 if he had 1 more AC ;))

*Almayce is unable to get down to Hulgyr yet, but he can just wait, since there's only one more Afflicted.*

*Meanwhile, Eternity transfers some of Hulgyr's pain to herself.*

(OOC: Hulgyr recovers 13 and is at 4, which will be -4 when Rage ends. Eternity loses her temp HP and then takes 8 Damage)

*Zaeryl shrugs and shoots the big Afflicted in the back, as far away as possible from Ironwolf to avoid firing into melee. The final Afflicted drops like a rock.*

(OOC: Well played, folks.

XP Time! I'll just give XP for the smaller Afflicted first, then you get XP from the larger Afflicted after dealing with the aftermath, including the prisoners :]

So that comes down to...let's see--9000 XP for each character for the smaller ones (more than the big ones by a lot, apparently). Darned mass enemies and darned DMG XP chart. If you encounter the no-double-leveling rule, I apologise, but I can't do anything about that either.

EDIT: Lookign through, the only ones with notable losses here are Hulgyr and Almayce. Of those, it seems Almayce can avoid this fate if Xael has enough GM credits to buy level 5 really fast)

Last edited:

Xael

First Post
OOC: Nope, I don't have any DM credits. Can't complain though. Though completely technically, if you can juggle with the xp timing, you could give xp for the few small afflicted parties and the large afflicted first, and then for the small horde... :p Or half-now, half-later awards (with or without large afflicted) should work I think. Or something. It's kinda shame missing on doubling Almayce's xp in one combat...

Last edited:

B4cchus

Explorer
Panting from the exertion, Hulgyr asks if anybody has some healing powers to aid his wounds further.
ooc: 9000 xp each? wow.. that get's Hulgyr from level 4 to level 6 in one go.

Xael

First Post
Almayce converts Sound Burst to Cure Moderate Wounds and heals Hulgyr 8 points. Dissatisfied with the result, he follows up with converted Bull's Strength and heals 11 more points.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Patlin said:
ooc: The final battle is still to come, right? Are we levelling up before then? Wow, ~10k to ~19k in one big leap!
(OOC: Actually the previous battle was worth more than 9k, but I realised that the rest couldn't possibly fail to go to waste. So I split out some of it so that you'll only get it after you finish up with this room. Aren't I a nice guy? ;)

And yes, the final battle is yet to come.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases