Adventure: Lord Byron's High-Seas High-Stakes (DM: Tenchuu, Judge: H.M.Gimlord)

renau1g

First Post
As the others began divying up the coins and enchanted boots, shield and amulet, Kane's eyes focused on the die. The simple looking item had its sides nearly worn away, but the green jade item had Kane transfixed. He ignores the others, even as they pile a noble's ransom in front of him in coins as he dextrously flips the die through his fingers, as another might a coin. He tests out the roll of it and a wide grin is evident on his face.

The old adage, Simple things amuse simple minds seems to be appopriate in this instance.

expensive-dice-roman.jpg

industrygothica

Adventurer
"Hmm..." Carolina gives the boots a good going over, and then tries them on for a fit. "It's just as well, my old ones were getting worn out anyway. I wonder if there's a shop around here to spend some of this gold?"

Tenchuu

First Post
"Aye Lady," the dock master says, butting in after eaves dropping on the adventurers. "In the city limits, QT’s General Store has a fine selection of wares. Perhaps a bit... well worn, but this is Allaria; not much new comes to this god-forsaken place."[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=Judge Ruling]
As the adventurer's looted the fallen enemies, they found that the tricky lizards had collected quite the assortment of items, including two pairs of swift boots, a protective amulet, an arcane die, and a sturdy shield. They also found gold and potions. They quickly divided the loot.

Chirina took the ears, counting their value in gold as she did.

[sblock=Close-out Treasure & XP Summary submitted for approval]
Treasure Items
Wil Rando: L7 Boots of the Fencing Master, L5 Potion of Healing
Hergunna: L7 Amulet of Physical Resolve, and L1 Comrades' Succor
Kane: L8 Vagabond’s Die
Kruk: L7 Pincer Shield, L9 Potion of Regeneration
Carolina: L7 Boots of the Fencing Master

Treasure Gold
Wil Rando: 370 gp
Hergunna: 270 gp
Kane: 420 gp
Kruk: 260 gp
Carolina: 420 gp

EXPERIENCE
Final Encounter
- 1 Lieth, Lightning Naga, L7 Solo Artillery – 1500XP
- 2 Giant Lizards, Draft, L4 Brute – 175XP
- 1 Pact-bound Adept, L6 Artillery (Leader) – 250XP
- 1 Wyrmwarped Scaleshaper, L6 Controller (Leader) – 250XP
Total EXP: 2350 XP x 2 = 4700 XP

Final Encounter for Charina
- 1 Wyrmwarped Scaleshaper, L6 Controller (Leader) Bloodied – XP 175
Total EXP: 175 XP x 2 = 250 XP

Time Experience
4/18 - 6/26 (including tavern chat)

Wil Rando: 2mo L4, L4 Partial Credit 8 days
Time Exp: 145 + 145 + (145 * 8/30) = 328

Hergunna: 2mo L4, L4 Partial Credit 8 days

Kane: 2mo L5, L5 Partial Credit 8 days
Time Exp: 166 + 166 + (166 * 8/30) = 376

Kruk: 2mo L5, L5 Partial Credit 8 days
Time Exp: 166 + 166 + (166 * 8/30) = 376

Carolina: 2mo L4, L4 Partial Credit 8 days

Charina: L4 Partial credit 2 days
Time Exp: 145 * 2/30 = 9

Total EXP
Wil, Hergunna, Carolina EXP: (4700/5) + 328 = 1268
Kane, Kruk EXP: (4700/5) + 376 = 1316
Charina EXP: (250/6) + 9 = 50

Time Gold
Wil Rando: 2mo L4, L4 Partial Credit 8 days
Time Gold: 175 + 175 + (175 * 8/30) = 396 gp

Hergunna: 2mo L4, L4 Partial Credit 8 days

Kane: 2mo L5, L5 Partial Credit 8 days
Time Gold: 233 + 233 + (233 * 8/30) = 528 gp

Kruk: 2mo L5, L5 Partial Credit 8 days
Time Gold: 233 + 233 + (233 * 8/30) = 528 gp

Carolina: 2mo L4, L4 Partial Credit 8 days

Charina: L4 Partial credit 2 days
Time Gold: 145 * 2/30 = 9 gp

Total Rewards per Player

Wil Rando:
L7 Boots of the Fencing Master, L5 Potion of Healing
766 gp
1268 XP

Hergunna:
L7 Amulet of Physical Resolve, and L1 Comrades' Succor
666 gp
1268 XP

Kane:
L8 Vagabond’s Die
948 gp
1316 XP

Kruk:
L7 Pincer Shield, L9 Potion of Regeneration
788 gp
1316 XP

Carolina:
L7 Boots of the Fencing Master
816 gp
1268 XP

Charina:
9 gp
50 XP
[/sblock]
OOC... Approved.

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=Update Character Sheets]
1. That should have leveled up most of the PCs. Get 'em updated. We have some more RPing to do and a skill challenge, so you have a little time.

2. Please include an equipment section that shows what you have equipped at each slot and which are empty. This will let me, at a glance, know what type of magic items to select for rewards (namely, empty slots). This is especially important for players who don't like specific item wishlists.

3. Speaking of wish lists, if you have them, please update for a range of items levels 8-10 (kane 9 to 11, but I think you're good); by that I mean at least 1 at each of those levels. If you can't find items at those levels you want, and there are lower level items you really want, we can work something out, but it would be easiest if I had some options at those three levels. :)

Thanks!
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ryryguy

First Post
Hergunna, still in her wolf form, approaches the newcomer and stares at her silently for a few moments. "Ach, one of those dark elves, eh?" she rumbles. "Never met one before and I'm not too sure what to make of you."

In the blink of an eye, she goes from four legs to two, and a fat, fifty-ish woman stands before the drow. She holds out a hand. "Never met a bugbear before, let alone fought beside one, so why not a drow as well. Pleased to meet you, lass. I'm Hergunna, late of Surtyr. Thanks for your timely assistance. Oh, and never mind the dwarf, he just gets a little peevish when he hasn't had his ale. And you're welcome to the ears, and whatever other bits might strike your fancy, as far as I'm concerned."

---

The necklace the scaleshaper wore catches Hergunna's eye. "Hope you all don't mind if I hang on to this trinket," she says. "Looks like everyone got some sort of new toy. Or ears, at least."

---

Hergunna listens to the dockmaster's words with a scowl fixed on her face. "Well then, I guess it's to Geardagas we'll go then, as it's the silver shipment we've been hired to bring back. But what in Joven's eye was this snake-thing and its little friends doing here, anyway? Have you seen them before, or know where they came from?"

[sblock=ooc]Thanks for another great adventure, Tenchuu! I'm definitely up for round 3.

Are we getting an extended rest before continuing? If not, Hergunna will spend one surge to get back to full.

I will try to get Hergunna leveled ASAP, but I've been having trouble finding spare time recently. Well, I'll do my best.[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Hergunna, still in her wolf form, approaches the newcomer and stares at her silently for a few moments. "Ach, one of those dark elves, eh?" she rumbles. "Never met one before and I'm not too sure what to make of you."

-''You are not supposed to make anything of me. I am what I am.'' Charina shrugs.

In the blink of an eye, she goes from four legs to two, and a fat, fifty-ish woman stands before the drow. She holds out a hand. "Never met a bugbear before, let alone fought beside one, so why not a drow as well. Pleased to meet you, lass. I'm Hergunna, late of Surtyr. Thanks for your timely assistance. Oh, and never mind the dwarf, he just gets a little peevish when he hasn't had his ale. And you're welcome to the ears, and whatever other bits might strike your fancy, as far as I'm concerned."

-''Well met and thank you. You probably shouldn't be calling me lass though; I suspect I am almost ten year older than you are.'' she winks. ''Of course, too many of these decades have been spent overseeing lazy gnomes in a leather factory, so I am probably not as well travelled!''

---

-''Looks like that shipment you are looking for has been intercepted. Almost certainly by any number of slimy things whose ears are worth a bounty to me. Mind if I tag along? Sniping is all well and good, but it's slow picking. I have had to leave large group move unhindered and focus on picking up stragglers. I wouldn't mind some large scale ear production, if you see what I mean!''

renau1g

First Post
Hergunna listens to the dockmaster's words with a scowl fixed on her face. "Well then, I guess it's to Geardagas we'll go then, as it's the silver shipment we've been hired to bring back. But what in Joven's eye was this snake-thing and its little friends doing here, anyway? Have you seen them before, or know where they came from?"

[sblock=ooc]Thanks for another great adventure, Tenchuu! I'm definitely up for round 3.

Are we getting an extended rest before continuing? If not, Hergunna will spend one surge to get back to full.

I will try to get Hergunna leveled ASAP, but I've been having trouble finding spare time recently. Well, I'll do my best.[/sblock]

At the mention of the silver shipment Kane looks up from the die and sees the gold pile next to him. He puts it into his gold pouch, now nearly overflowing, without bothering to count it.

Oh...right...Mr.Lord Byron's shiny stuff...so wait...where it at? You no think these golds are part of Mr. Lord Byron's right? Kane no want to take from him, cuz then he go "Kane, why you take my stuff, you just like all bugbears, you should go to Bacarte stupid bugbear like all your friends and go be pirate. Kane no want to be pirate, it too boring, always cleaning the deck, pulling ropes, watching water, it no fun. Maybe one day Kane go home one day and go back to Bone Valley and go back to arenas" the bugbear says.

At the drow's mention of tagging along Kane asks "You good at sneaking? Kane good, everyone think cuz him big scary bugbear he no be quiet...haha, Kane more quiet than little mouses", then turns to Hergunna "Hey Hergunna, maybe you can make us all sneaky again, that was fun"

[sblock=ooc]
Kane's wishlist is done from 5th to 11th. I think I may just hold onto his gold for now.

Wait, we should grab some ritual components here for that camouflage ritual. How much is it again?

Also, it'd be good to grab enough to cover Comrade's Succor as well.

Let me know Hergunna and Kane will certainly put in for it.
[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
"These lizards are no doubt from the Unending Mire," the dock master said, again spiting on the ground; apparently, it was a custom of sorts. "An ancient black dragon rules the lands south, with all kinds of reptile followers. We are under regular attack from their accursed kind."

[sblock=Rest]Let's consider an extended rest taken once in the city proper. [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases