D&D Beyond Launches on August 15th for $3-6/m

$3/ month isn't that bad. And you really only need it if you want to use homebrew.

G

Guest 6801328

There's no way I'm paying for the books AGAIN just for some convenience tools.

the_redbeard

Explorer
Some do.

Let's see... the best selling RPGS of the last year or so:

D&D. No PDFs (but there is this new option).
Pathfinder. $10 PDFs.
Star Wars. No PDFs.
Shadowrun. $20 PDF.
Fantasy Age/ Dragon Age. PDFs are $15 and $30.
Call of Cthulhu. PDF $35.
13th Age. PDF is $24.
Numenera. PDF is $19.99
Shadow of the Demon Lord. $19.99 PDF.
Vampire 20th. PDF is $29.99
Adventures in Middle Earth. PDF is $19.99.
7th Sea. PDF is $24.99

Some of those, like Adventures in Middle Earth, are available from Bits and Mortar. If you buy a game book from your Friendly Local Game Store (FLGS) and both the FLGS and the designer participate in Bits and Mortar, then you get the PDF for free.

I wish there were more participants.

MechaPilot

Explorer
I'm flat-out going to make the prediction that at least 50% of the people who are saying they won't buy and it's all too expensive will end up buying it and subscribing at some point. A lot of the complaints I'm seeing are based entirely on misunderstandings that will be clarified after some use of the final product. That, and once they see how popular DDB is, they'll jump on board because it's no longer a big scary wolf barking at their heels.

And please, by all means, bookmark this post so that you can come back and tell me how horrible and unpopular the product is after a year. I'm predicting that DDB will be incredibly popular and successful so I look forward to being proven wrong.

O thank you master prognosticator. Now can you make a useful prediction and give us next week's winning lottery numbers?

I mean really, I get that you don't like people's complaints about the product. But, you seem to be taking it rather personally. Were you part of the development team? Was the product your idea?

And also, what does popularity have to do with anything? So what if if ends up being popular. You know who lets popularity dictate their purchase decisions? Teenagers, because they either have no strong sense of self or because they feel they need the new popular thing to fit in and not get bullied or be stuck on the outside. IDK about others who've complained about the product here, but I'm a grown woman and I don't give a crap about what's popular. Reality TV can suck it, and so can Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and all that garbage.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I probably won't subscribe or buy anything in dnd beyond as currently my group isn't able to make the time to meet. I might consider it if we are able to get together more often but even then, I'm not so sure. I simply don't require this resource for my games.

Emirikol_Prime

Explorer
I'm flat-out going to make the prediction that at least 50% of the people who are saying they won't buy and it's all too expensive will end up buying it and subscribing at some point. A lot of the complaints I'm seeing are based entirely on misunderstandings that will be clarified after some use of the final product. That, and once they see how popular DDB is, they'll jump on board because it's no longer a big scary wolf barking at their heels.

And please, by all means, bookmark this post so that you can come back and tell me how horrible and unpopular the product is after a year. I'm predicting that DDB will be incredibly popular and successful so I look forward to being proven wrong.

Just stop. This is an embarrassing post you made.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World mobile app

dropbear8mybaby

Banned
Banned
I'm super disappointed in what they call "campaign management". Unless they have something in the works that I haven't seen, you may as well forget that entire feature.
Yes, they've repeatedly said that campaign management is bare bones at the moment and will be expanded upon. The entire site is also still in beta at the moment.

Teenagers, because they either have no strong sense of self or because they feel they need the new popular thing to fit in and not get bullied or be stuck on the outside.
My point exactly.

TheSwartz

Explorer

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases