RA's Ashin's Commission--Grand Finale!

Patlin

Explorer
Ironwolf, aware that the weight of his armor is likely to slow the group down, makes sure to hurry in order to keep up with the others.

"If anyone can spare additional healing, I'd apreciate it. These wounds will definitely slow me down if we find ourselves in another fight."

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: In the interests of time)

*Michael starts to knock at the foundations along the western path, where the Afflicted are coming, since that's right nearby. Zaeryl nods.*

"We were going to have them knock that down next once they get the other way. You are not immortal...you wish to die here with us to help the others' escape?"

*The Afflicted try to push through the group of constructs, but Zaeryl has a bunch of constructs there too, and though the Afflicted bowl past one of the constructs, through a great deal of luck on the constructs' part, they can't get past the second line.*

*There is a terrible rumbling sound as of tons of stone shifting and then a crash, as the ceiling starts to cave in on the eastern room, crushing the constructs that caused this and squishing them into puddles of ectoplasm. Meanwhile, Zaeryl has the remaining constructs work on aiding Michael to crumble the foundations of the western passage.*

*Meanwhile, Ironwolf tries to go as quickly as he can, Almayce wakes up and Hulgyr can set him down, and Eternity leads the way out.*

(OOC: Add healing to this as desired--Ironwolf walks slowly enough that Almayce can heal once and still catch back up again)

"We suggest that you leave with the others," Zaeryl says to Michael, "If you will stay, then move back here toward us when the corridor is close to collapse and allow the puppets to finish the work...you are more likely to survive, though we both still may perish from this."

ajanders

Explorer
(The Demon Cost Analysis ate my brain today. Old accountants are dangerous things.)

Michael shrugs in between blows. Now is not the time to talk about the greatest good for the greatest number, nor was Zaeryl ever the person to talk about it with.
"You always knew I was stupid."

When the constructs come over to help Michael, he takes a moment to cast bull's strength on himself.
If he needs a light, he probably cast his last one on his holy symbol.

Hopefully now both big and strong and able to see, Michael tears back into the passage wall.
He does, however, try to stay at the edge of any incipient rockfalls and definitely has an ear cocked for the crack of the BIG ONE.
(At which point he bolts for the surface, heck for leather.)

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Hmm...good man. Then so it shall be."

*Michael buffs himself and pounds at the wall, as the constructs hold their ground, for the moment. Zaeryl seems to have sent the earlier constructs to be crushed in the east, leaving only those with the longer duration remaining for this task. As the Afflicted are about to break through, Michael can tell that the BIG ONE is coming soon. He heads off and makes it to where Zaeryl is standing just as the entire western passage collapses with a deafening cacaphony of crashing rocks and roaring earth, leading to a chain reaction that crumbles away the entire southwest of the central chamber and causes minor rockslides throughout.*

(OOC: :rolls: Oo, Natural 20 for Michael!)

*Michael manages to somehow avoid the worst of it, batting some of the rocks aside with his enlarged weapon as only a few manage to strike him, but Zaeryl takes it worse and is partially-buried under some of the rubble.*

(OOC: Michael takes 8, Zaeryl takes 22 and thanks goodness for temporary HP--he is also buried under a bit of rubble

Meanwhile, the others continue their escape down the southern passage and we...split up the game thread again!)

Rystil Arden

First Post
While everyone's here--level 3 and below get 2600 for the fight. Level 4 get 2533. Level 5 get 2500. Add 1 month of time XP (so 50*your level) and we're ready to rock!

Rystil Arden

First Post
B4cchus said:
Is there any final word yet on the xp for Zaeryl?
I have no clue about that, so I don't know. Either way, as Bront mentioned, it has always been my habit to deduct an XP share for NPCs, even if I don't level them up, so you can rest assured that whatever happens with Zaeryl, you guys won't have to worry about the amount being changed--nobody will have to be on the line here but me. I'll just cross my fingers and see what happens :)

B4cchus

Explorer
Im not worries about Hulgyr getting less xp. I'm worried that you get 'punished' by getting next to no xp for zaeryl after you took up DMíng this adventure.

Remove ads