UA to Become Weekly! Pendleton Ward Helped On New AP!

WotC is currently at Gamehole Con, a convention in the US Midwest. According to a GameholeCon attendee at one of WotC's D&D panels, featuring Jeremy Crawford, Chris Perkins, and Mike Mearls, Unearthed Arcana (Mike Mearl's monthly rules column) is going to become a weekly column. Not only that, Sage Advice will be pausing for a while while Jeremy Crawford joins Mearls on the UA columns. There will be a new Unearthed Arcana every Monday, with the next being three new barbarian options.

WotC is currently at Gamehole Con, a convention in the US Midwest. According to a GameholeCon attendee at one of WotC's D&D panels, featuring Jeremy Crawford, Chris Perkins, and Mike Mearls, Unearthed Arcana (Mike Mearl's monthly rules column) is going to become a weekly column. Not only that, Sage Advice will be pausing for a while while Jeremy Crawford joins Mearls on the UA columns. There will be a new Unearthed Arcana every Monday, with the next being three new barbarian options.

WotC's Chris Perkins also said that "The next D&D story is *not* based on Adventure Time. However, Pendleton Ward did help us create it." Ward is, of course, the creator of the US cartoon Adventure Time.

hora-de-aventuras.png

CwbuBdMXUAE8pKB.jpg

Photo courtesy of @BasementofDeath
SaveSave

I'm guessing that there's a push for a big expansion to the rules.

I think the Barbarian has most of its archetypes covered, so these 3 subclasses might go into something niche an elemental "Inferno Rager" or an actual "bearskin" that's sort of a shifter.

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
They did mention that they're aiming to produce a major rules expansion soon; that's probably the reason for the increase in UA. Should be fun, anyway!

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
I doubt it will stop people from whining about a lack of options or support. If it's free it doesn't count, it needs to be in a hardcover so we can complain about how pricy the books are.

Remove ads

Remove ads