Peregrinations of the Shard

Knight Otu

First Post
(Huh. I'm pretty sure that hint there wasn't there when I last looked at the thread, otherwise I'm sure I'd have posted some of my findings immediately, but apparently, it was either in your post from the start, or was edited in only a few minutes after. That was the missing piece for me as well. I blame Velmont for combining the four constraints into two in his summary. :p)

Velmont

First Post
Knight Otu said:
(Huh. I'm pretty sure that hint there wasn't there when I last looked at the thread, otherwise I'm sure I'd have posted some of my findings immediately, but apparently, it was either in your post from the start, or was edited in only a few minutes after. That was the missing piece for me as well. I blame Velmont for combining the four constraints into two in his summary. :p)

OOC: That's because I misinterpreted the constraints and I thought it was only two constraints. Subtility of some English word that I didn't understood, but I knew something was wrong with those two constraints.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*As soon as they touch the chalk to the wall with the intention of drawing the diagram on Hogarth's shield, a sparkling light appears over the wall that first etches that diagram and then lays over it a full-colour aerial map of the entire region, out to hundreds of miles in each direction (perhaps around 100 miles per grid space) and taking up the entire wall in a beautiful landscape view. The letters 'Walk the Path of Peace' appear above the diagram. There is a small grey dot over the spot that corresponds to the group's current location as well as AH on the grid, and there is a sparkling green dot over the location that corresponds to AJ, which is around two hundred miles to the south.

Velmont

First Post
"Ok, it isn't the map of a room. It is the map of the whole region. So our next objective seems to go there, 200 hundread miles straight down, but for that, we must go 200 hundread miles west, then 200 hundread miles south and finally, 200 hundread miles east. Like that." Tells Rinaldo, who take his chalk and draw three lines, on from AH to CH, then from CH to CJ, finally from CJ to AJ. He then looks at the path he has drawn on the map.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Agreed. On those Phantom Steeds, it shouldn't be much more than a week."

"If I could only perfect that Teleport spell, it could be even faster..." Elektra mutters a bit sheepishly.

"Shall we get started? Do we have the right magic to pop out of this place?"

Knight Otu

First Post
(Well, presumably, we have. Ashnar spoke out against resting in here, and I recall no other opinions.)
Ashnar, following Rinaldo's suggestion, quickly sketches the map and grid layout, and also jots down the known names. "You never know... first step, evade Clan Lyrual."

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Placing another Invisibility Sphere on themselves, the group Dimension Doors out of the underground chamber and away from the elven fortifications before finding a place to rest in a Rope Trick for the day until they are sufficiently tired to sleep and recover spells. This allows them to conjure up some Phantom Steeds and head on their way east, south, then west.*

(OOC: Each character gains 750 XP for avoiding the elves.

There's an additional 2500 XP for solving the puzzle of the room, so I'm going to give 1500 to Rinaldo and 500 to the other two active players at the time of the puzzle.

Then there's time XP.
4 months for Rinaldo, Ashna, and Tenebrynn (which should be 3200 each since I think they've all hit the cap). Bront and Patlin have been a bit AWOL, so when either of them gets back, we can figure out time XP. For now, we just won't worry about it. That's a lot of time XP--I'm going to check now to see if it levels anyone up. If not, I'll make a new post after this about the continuing journey.)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I think this is going to level Rinaldo. Amusingly, we've arranged the characters in such a way that whoever leveled first would become the second LEW character with level 5 spells/powers (every character in the party has either taken some levels that provide no casting or has a caster cohort who is thus two levels lower). So guess that honour goes to Hogarth. No Teleport though)

Erekose13

Explorer
"Glad to have that all down. I definitely wouldn't be able to remember it all. Hopefully we'll find our next clue at the location we are headed. I wouldn't want to come back here for the next clue after travelling to each location." says Tenebrynn.

Remove ads