Discovery Trailer

Ryujin

Legend
Well, that's certainly not true. It took Benjamin Sisko two seasons to acquire a starship, and most of a third to earn the rank of Captain.

You're quite correct, of course. I'd have been better off saying "in command."

I'd be really interested in seeing this evidence. It hasn't been presented in this thread! (Unless "raised by Sarek" qualifies, but I'd struggle to find anything to debate there.)

I've referenced it. If you don't see it that's fine too. We all have our opinions.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I've referenced it. If you don't see it that's fine too. We all have our opinions.

Your entire reference was “brought up by Sarek”. That, in its entirety, your mind, equals “Mary Sue”?

Do you think there’s a teeny weeny possibility you are bringing your own baggage to this and inventing stuff that simply isn’t there?

You have a worldview that bewilders me. Sure, it’s an opinion, if you like. But man, like I said, that must be depressing.

Ryujin

Legend
Your entire reference was “brought up by Sarek”. That, in its entirety, your mind, equals “Mary Sue”?

Do you think there’s a teeny weeny possibility you are bringing your own baggage to this and inventing stuff that simply isn’t there?

You have a worldview that bewilders me. Sure, it’s an opinion, if you like. But man, like I said, that must be depressing.

Yes, that's quite possible, as I stated previously. I also mentioned the Mary Sue thing far earlier in the thread.

I do quite well, thank you :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Looks good but not good enough to buy into yet another streaming service.

There's an easier way! Rather than paying $5 or whatever for a Star Trek series, you could move to any other country (except Canada) and watch it on Netflix.

Yes, I'm mildly gloating. It's rare that things are better for us than for you. :)

Water Bob

Adventurer
Just watched the new trailer. I think it looks good, except that I worry that it will be more like Abrams Trek than TOS. I've been hoping for a return to TOS.

Looks like the phasers are the Abrams type. Not long beams, but short pulses.

You guys already know that I really dislike the uniforms.

And, I think that's the Discovery at 1:33 or so. The ship that is shown a few times in the trailer before that is far superior looking to what we see in the Discovery. That's really disappointing.

I still don't know if I'll pay for this. Leaning towards "no".

Just watched the new trailer. I think it looks good, except that I worry that it will be more like Abrams Trek than TOS. I've been hoping for a return to TOS.

Hope springs eternal....I think this is something you and others will need to get used to..other than fan works,I don't ever see a return to TOS.

Remove ads