D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

hejtmane

Explorer
What subclass? There are a couple of subclasses that allow monks to essentially cast spells.
The base class and monk spells go off ki points not slots

Note this may help it is giving slots as a full caster not as a 1/3 caster from the like of EK etc

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dannyboy7702

First Post
The base class and monk spells go off ki points not slots

Note this may help it is giving slots as a full caster not as a 1/3 caster from the like of EK etc

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hejtmane,

I know Monk's have to use Ki points to be able to cast spells. Also, I can see the error you are talking about though. However, the error doesn't occur until you you are at least a 2nd level Monk.

Forged,

I did verify this error. The error doesn't show up for a first level Monk or if you multi-class as a as another non-caster class at 2nd level. Unfortunately, the Monk isn't the only issue. I found a similar issue with the Barbarian class starting at 3rd level. I checked all of the other non-caster classes. It seems the error only occurs with the Barbarian and Monk. The 2 pictures I add shows the errors on the spellcasting tab.

Danny

Attachments

• V2.28 Beta Error 2 - Monk.jpg
    V2.28 Beta Error 2 - Monk.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 361
  • V2.28 Beta Error 3 - Barbarian.jpg
    V2.28 Beta Error 3 - Barbarian.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 374

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Hejtmane,

I know Monk's have to use Ki points to be able to cast spells. Also, I can see the error you are talking about though. However, the error doesn't occur until you you are at least a 2nd level Monk.

Forged,

I did verify this error. The error doesn't show up for a first level Monk or if you multi-class as a as another non-caster class at 2nd level. Unfortunately, the Monk isn't the only issue. I found a similar issue with the Barbarian class starting at 3rd level. I checked all of the other non-caster classes. It seems the error only occurs with the Barbarian and Monk. The 2 pictures I add shows the errors on the spellcasting tab.

Danny

Found the issue and it is resolved in the next beta version, thanks !

greymist

Lurker Extraordinaire
Images not displaying - v 2.27

Played my first 5E game two days ago. Your Excel character generator was absolutely fantastic in helping me get my character ready to go.

I am experiencing one minor issue, many of the background images are not displaying. They worked perfectly when I first downloaded and opened the file (enabling macros). I renamed the file, with my character's name and then some of the images did not display (mainly the ones in the top left corner of the Start sheet) so it wasn't a big deal. I tried changing the name back to the original, did not help. Tonight I opened the file to level up my character, and a number of the background images on Character Sheet 1 are not working (the shield for AC, and the images behind the stat scores, etc.).

I am using Excel 2016 for Mac (version 15.41) on a fairly recent iMac.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Played my first 5E game two days ago. Your Excel character generator was absolutely fantastic in helping me get my character ready to go.

I am experiencing one minor issue, many of the background images are not displaying. They worked perfectly when I first downloaded and opened the file (enabling macros). I renamed the file, with my character's name and then some of the images did not display (mainly the ones in the top left corner of the Start sheet) so it wasn't a big deal. I tried changing the name back to the original, did not help. Tonight I opened the file to level up my character, and a number of the background images on Character Sheet 1 are not working (the shield for AC, and the images behind the stat scores, etc.).

I am using Excel 2016 for Mac (version 15.41) on a fairly recent iMac.

Naming shouldn't affect the images in the file. First thing is to check for Excel updates. For Windows its under File > Account > Office Upates > Update Now. You can try a new download and import your character to test if the images stay fixed

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
I am getting that unreadable error on both 2.27 and 2.28. Its baffling and becoming quite frustrating!

Check for Excel updates, not sure where it is in Excel 2007, for Excel 2010 and over it is under File > Account > Office Upates > Update Now. If that doesn't work try to repair office under Settings > Apps > Apps and features then select Mjcrosoft Office and choose Modify. Online Repair is the better of the 2 options.

Xanlithe

First Post
Check for Excel updates, not sure where it is in Excel 2007, for Excel 2010 and over it is under File > Account > Office Upates > Update Now. If that doesn't work try to repair office under Settings > Apps > Apps and features then select Mjcrosoft Office and choose Modify. Online Repair is the better of the 2 options.

FYI for Mickey Flint, support and updates for Excel 2007 ended Oct 10, 2017.

greymist

Lurker Extraordinaire
Naming shouldn't affect the images in the file. First thing is to check for Excel updates. For Windows its under File > Account > Office Upates > Update Now. You can try a new download and import your character to test if the images stay fixed

Major update for Excel (all of Office actually) available, I will update Office and I may as well update my MacOS too. I'll let you know if that solved the problem.

The behaviour is very weird, I had the sheet open yesterday and the Character tab was fine but the images were messed up on the data entry tab. Other times it is reversed!

Remove ads