D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

H

hugo_ijslijk

I mean, the current sheet already asks you to enable macros as soon as you open the sheet. You're making it sound like VBA is some evil tool only used by evil people and should be used as little as possible. If anyone is concerned about the security of excel sheets, they shouldn't be downloading excel sheets from the internet at all.

flwad

Explorer
Take this how you will but I have been posting to this thread since post #167 of 42xx and as such feel that I may be one of the elder statesmen here. I'm not going to comment on the current validity of any sheet, but I will say that I was in direct contact with FA before the C&D in regards to the FAQ and Instructions for Use. I do know that wrightc314 was helpful with the FAQ and was in contact with FA before the C&D. I will be using the Beta version until I hear otherwise from FA directly.

flwad

Explorer
These can be considered after MtF.

Wright please refer to my post #787.

I have been using a custom sheet I made for a Bag of Holding/Handy Haversack since Version 1.56. PM me for copy. Takes a small amount of work to copy and update after a transfer, but this may be addressed later. Will try to write a procedure for it if people are interested.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...er-Generator&p=6689326&viewfull=1#post6689326

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...er-Generator&p=6694413&viewfull=1#post6694413

Wright please refer to my post #787.

I have been using a custom sheet I made for a Bag of Holding/Handy Haversack since Version 1.56. PM me for copy. Takes a small amount of work to copy and update after a transfer, but this may be addressed later. Will try to write a procedure for it if people are interested.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...er-Generator&p=6689326&viewfull=1#post6689326

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...er-Generator&p=6694413&viewfull=1#post6694413

PM sent.

I noticed a minor problem. With a divine sorc and hexblade warlock, the sheet correctly marks 'Shield' as both warlock and sorcerer spell, but if you select Shield, it counts towards both your warlock and sorcerer selection, prompting the sheet to show up an error with the message "1 to many spells selected"

Example to recreate

Lvl 3 divine sorc
lvl 1 warlock hexblade

Total 7 spells known with divine sorc class ability bonus cleric spell (Lawful)

Lvl 1 spells selected

Healing Word (Sorc expanded selection)
Bless (Divine sorc bonus spell known)
Shield (Warlock hexblade expanded selection)
Hex (Warlock selection)
Magic missile (Sorc selection)

Lvl 2 spells
Scorching Ray (Sorc selection)
Phantasmal force (Sorc selection)

Note: This does not actually stop the sheet from showing the chosen things correctly in the summary pages, just produces an error in the spellcasting sheet, but thought I should mention it as it means the sheet is :):):):)ing a spell selection available to multiple classes to count against both limits when chosen.

(Screenshot available if needed)
Cheers

I noticed a minor problem. With a divine sorc and hexblade warlock, the sheet correctly marks 'Shield' as both warlock and sorcerer spell, but if you select Shield, it counts towards both your warlock and sorcerer selection, prompting the sheet to show up an error with the message "1 to many spells selected"

Example to recreate

Lvl 3 divine sorc
lvl 1 warlock hexblade

Total 7 spells known with divine sorc class ability bonus cleric spell (Lawful)

Lvl 1 spells selected

Healing Word (Sorc expanded selection)
Bless (Divine sorc bonus spell known)
Shield (Warlock hexblade expanded selection)
Hex (Warlock selection)
Magic missile (Sorc selection)

Lvl 2 spells
Scorching Ray (Sorc selection)
Phantasmal force (Sorc selection)

Note: This does not actually stop the sheet from showing the chosen things correctly in the summary pages, just produces an error in the spellcasting sheet, but thought I should mention it as it means the sheet is :):):):)ing a spell selection available to multiple classes to count against both limits when chosen.

(Screenshot available if needed)
Cheers

Warlock was incorrectly applying expanded spell lists spells to the error checker. That has been fixed. However, 7 is the correct number of known spells for your build and that remains unchanged with new edits. Thank you for your detailed bug report!

KimoKhan

First Post
Are you looking at the lore bard spell selection on the left side of the spellcraft tab ('Bard Magical Secrets')? It wont appear under lvl 3 spells until it's one of the two spells you've selected there.
I can't speak for B4, but from what I see it should work without a problem once you select it there.

I am speaking of the 2 drop downs for a Lore Bard to choose his any class 3rd level spells. Fireball is not listed. fireBolt is, Lightling Bolt is, etc.. but Fireball is not listed as a Bard's Magical Secrets option. Beta 4, it was listed in previous versions.

Remove ads