[5e] Spell & Crossbones

Matthan

Explorer
Matthan: should we:

1) use violence on the half-ogre (unsportly)
2) un-drink him (time consuming, and maybe there are others around)
3) Convince him he should let us pass- We already tried deception and intimidation... maybe sell indulgences ? Maybe he will not trust catholics that much... Or just ask it as a penance, as well as dozens of prayers ?

Maxim 27: Never be afraid to be the first one to resort to violence.

I say we push the confession angle a bit more and be ready to knock him unconscious if he gives us trouble. Drinking is a gamble. I bet that guy can drink us under the table beside the fact that it would be a little odd to drink with priests. Are indulgences still being sold at this point in history? I know it was a big abuse of the Catholic church during the time of the Reformation, but I don't know if it persisted. I think we can offer a prescription for penance while telling him that he's committed mortal sins and then use that to try to get access to the Spaniards.

If it doesn't work, we mug him, tie him up, gag him, and steal his leg. Then, we go talk to the Spaniards. It's the pirate way!

Quickleaf

Legend
Maxim 27: Never be afraid to be the first one to resort to violence.

I say we push the confession angle a bit more and be ready to knock him unconscious if he gives us trouble. Drinking is a gamble. I bet that guy can drink us under the table beside the fact that it would be a little odd to drink with priests. Are indulgences still being sold at this point in history? I know it was a big abuse of the Catholic church during the time of the Reformation, but I don't know if it persisted. I think we can offer a prescription for penance while telling him that he's committed mortal sins and then use that to try to get access to the Spaniards.

If it doesn't work, we mug him, tie him up, gag him, and steal his leg. Then, we go talk to the Spaniards. It's the pirate way!

tumblr_ni5f51ZBbd1qg75qro1_500-1.jpg

Shayuri

First Post
First, lol at the meme. Well played. :)

Second, sorry it took me SO LONG to reply, Queenie! My head's been out of this game for so long it took me FOREVER to work out what Nia would say. I think I get her again though, finally.

peterka99

First Post
Matthan, your speech looks like persuasion to me, since you follow-up on a quite established con with proper etiquette. And I think 1 attempt per skill per interaction is the maximum allowed.

Just my opinion...

Matthan

Explorer
I'm actually trained in Persuasion so if QL wants to go that route, he can add my proficiency mod to the roll (+2 or 3). I didn't remember the one skill per encounter. I'm not worried. I'm perfectly okay with stealing this guy's leg.

*edit* We're level 4 so +2.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Just convince him he needs to do his penance immediately so he doesn't burn in hell... ;)

Shay, it's okay! This game is slow as molasses anyway and it's likely mostly my fault lol

Sent from my iPad using EN World

Quickleaf

Legend
Just convince him he needs to do his penance immediately so he doesn't burn in hell... ;)

Shay, it's okay! This game is slow as molasses anyway and it's likely mostly my fault lol

Sent from my iPad using EN World

Well, I'm at least 6x more at fault than you are, since the DM has the responsibility power equivalency of all players in the game. It's science. Culpability science.

Like Tina Fey and sheet cake.

Matthan

Explorer
There are times when I feel completely out of my depth when writing a post. That was one of those times. Fingers crossed something productive comes out of it.

DeJoker

First Post
So Quickleaf are you still in search of a player to fill a role(s)? If yes, what do you (or the other players) feel would help augment the party the most?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases