Judge Dredd & The Worlds of 2000 AD Tabletop RPG Kickstarter Coming Next Month!

Explore Mega-City One and beyond with the official tabletop roleplaying game for the galaxy's greatest comic! The Judge Dredd & The Worlds of 2000 AD Kickstarter launches on Tuesday September 25th at 5pm GMT! (That's 10am PT, 12pm CT, 1pm ET) "Judge. Jury. Executioner. Play as a Judge of Mega-City One and bust perps, Sov spies, and mutant raiders in this action-packed standalone tabletop roleplaying game, bringing to life the iconic characters and worlds found in the legendary British comic 2000 AD. This book is your introduction to Mega-City One, and your gateway to a line of supplements based on 2000 AD's many characters and settings."

52881ba2-d473-40e7-bc3d-baa1afaa0aa4.jpg

[FONT=&amp]
These books are brought to you by Darren Pearce ([/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Doctor Who; Lone Wolf[/FONT][FONT=&amp]), Robert Schwalb ([/FONT][FONT=&amp]Dungeons & Dragons; Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay[/FONT][FONT=&amp]), Andrew Peregrine ([/FONT][FONT=&amp]Doctor Who; Firefly; Buffy The Vampire Slayer[/FONT][FONT=&amp]), Russ Morrissey ([/FONT][FONT=&amp]What's OLD is NEW[/FONT][FONT=&amp]), and Nick Robinson.

[/FONT]

[video=youtube;lBhaw0lebMM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBhaw0lebMM[/video]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
a7a286fe524276e1664ca8b77ce5cf68_original.png

• Full colour 270-page hardcover Judge Dredd & The Worlds of 2000 AD core rulebook!
  • The Robot Wars, 150-pages, the first in a series of softcover sourcebooks and adventures!
  • Sturdy two-sided cardboard 4-panel GM screen full of handy reference charts and tables!
  • Special limited edition Judge Dredd dice set!
  • Also, we are offering a limited edition version of the core rulebook with a special cover exclusive to this Kickstarter!

b5ca8ac45e48de47b4b2930c452041ff_original.png
GM Screen (Front)

fb2e5219e96adccc0a4f4efb838d4bf8_original.png
GM Screen (Back)

We are producing a full-colour hardcover core rulebook for the all-new Judge Dredd & The Worlds of 2000 AD tabletop roleplaying game. This book contains all the rules and setting information you need to play any character in Mega-City One, and is the core rulebook for the entire line of 2000 AD settings and worlds.

• Play a Judge, Civilian, or Perp!
  • Choose from Humans, Clones, Robots, Mutants, Chimps, Gorillas, and Orangutans!
  • Wield the iconic Lawgiver sidearm and ride the mighty Lawmaster motorcycle!
  • Read about Mega-City One, as well as other worlds of 2000 AD!
  • Core rulebook contains everything you need to play in Mega-City One, and provides the core rules upon which the many worlds of 2000 AD are based!

f12b38180940b185553871948009ca44_original.png
Limited & Standard Edition Core Rulebooks

Judge Dredd & The Worlds of 2000 AD is a standalone roleplaying game. You do not need any other books in order to play. This 250+ page book introduces you to Mega-City One, and allows you to play Judges, Perps, or Civilians in that futuristic metropolis. This is also the core rulebook for future setting books which will detail many of your favourite 2000 AD properties, such as Rogue Trooper, Sláine, Strontium Dog, ABC Warriors, and many more!

We'll use the best/cheapest shippings option we can. Australia is a long way away, but we'll do our best.

Don't forget New Zealand (it's even further away!).

I think there is a company that deals with distribution around Australia/New Zealand - Aetherworks? They've been used by other Kickstarter projects.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
So you've really been able to include everything from Slaine to Nemesis the Warlock?

i'm definitely interested now! ...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
So you've really been able to include everything from Slaine to Nemesis the Warlock?

i'm definitely interested now! ...

To clarify: *this* book is the core rules of the game and contains setting information for Mega-City One.

Future setting books/adventures will include things like Slaine and Nemesis, using the rules in this core rulebook.

ctorus

Explorer
I'm very interested in this. Two big positives for me are
1. This isn't a wholly new system; the WOIN system has been out for a while so initial bugs etc are likely to have been caught, and I think it works well.
2. The art will, presumably, be taken mostly from the original comics. (Is this the case?) Sorry to say it but I didn't really like the art in the WOIN core books, to the extent that it put me off getting them.

The potential application of the system to multiple settings including Slaine, Nemesis etc is a possible negative - I'd rather have more Dredd. Although Strontium Dog and ABC Warriors are obviously compatible with Dredd, so that would be fine.

I hope the graphic design and layout looks professional. This was another negative for me with the WOIN books. Big elaborate borders on every page and over-sized body text says 1990s-era DTP to me.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
To clarify: *this* book is the core rules of the game and contains setting information for Mega-City One.

Future setting books/adventures will include things like Slaine and Nemesis, using the rules in this core rulebook.

Florix Grabundae, that makes a lot of sense. Just another question I understand that the focus of the game is for PCs to be Judges and that includes Psi-Division, but I wonder does the rule set allow for PCs as Perps or as Mutants in the Cursed Earth? (or will that come after Strontium Dog)

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases