10 Most Anticipated RPGs of 2013

The countdown result of our surveys on EN World, Twitter, Facebook, and elsewhere to bring you 2013's most anticipated RPGs! To qualify, a release must be a full tabletop roleplaying game (not a supplement, setting, beta, playtest, or adventure) with a 2013 release date.

Last edited:

waderockett

Explorer
Hillfolk doesn't sound like a role-playing game so much as it sounds like improvising a television show where the GM is the director and the players are the cast.

I'm not sure how I feel about that. I'd be intrigued to play it and see it in action. maybe someone will run demos at GenCon.

Nyerd posted actual play audio here. I believe Pelgrane will run demos at the booth.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Pretty good list. Taking out the new editions of old games and/or licensed properties, I'm pretty much stoked about all of remaining. Ie, Torchbearer, Hill Folk, Fate Core, Numenara, and 13th Age. For me, in that order as well. I'm pretty on board with that order.

Please post the poll for the 2014 releases in this thread when it is released.

waderockett

Explorer
Oh fantastic. I'll definitely check the booth out then.

Thanks, Wade!

We've recruited a GM to run at least one listed Hillfolk game in addition to the demos. It was submitted Monday for approval so keep an eye out. When it's live we'll also announce it on Pelgrane's social channels along with 18 more 13th Age sessions.

Ahnehnois

First Post
Hillfolk doesn't sound like a role-playing game so much as it sounds like improvising a television show where the GM is the director and the players are the cast.
That's almost exactly how I explain what a roleplaying game is to someone who doesn't know. Not seeing the distinction here.

Also, Hillfolk sounds nothing like that (though it is interesting).

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases