Mecha Depot - Rambling Thoughts I

kronos182

Adventurer
Magnetically Accelerated Weapons or MAW utilize magnetic fields to propel a bullet, shell, or shaped munitions at the targeted object. MAW system/munitions also negate/ignore x-hardness of material compounds. MAW systems also cause x-damage multiplied to the rolled damage based upon weapon size. This is due to the increased speed at which the propelled munitions travels being striking the targeted object.

What about Gravity accelerated weapons?

AnimeSniper

Explorer
Yeah I am working on the Gravity Accelerated Weapons or GAW systems rules which I feel would probably have a greater increase in their speeds to targeted object so x-multiplier times rolled damage and it could be quite messy for the targets remains... I'll get working some more hear shortly on my notes.
Eventually you would have a weapon system that can literally concave armored vehicles inwards and infantry troops to a fine red mist...

kronos182

Adventurer
Yeah I am working on the Gravity Accelerated Weapons or GAW systems rules which I feel would probably have a greater increase in their speeds to targeted object so x-multiplier times rolled damage and it could be quite messy for the targets remains... I'll get working some more hear shortly on my notes.
Eventually you would have a weapon system that can literally concave armored vehicles inwards and infantry troops to a fine red mist...

Sounds interesting. But what you can also do is just make them an alternate to Magnetically Accelerated, so instead of more power, just alternate method.. or maybe more accurate for personal sized weapons?

AnimeSniper

Explorer
So on the method of Beam and HEAT modded melee weaponry I got to thinking of how hot plasma and lasers normally operate at and through Google found that here https://www.quora.com/How-much-heat-do-lightsabers-produce you would have something that could like in any Gundam universe arc quickly cut through most standard steel armor plate quite quickly. Now from rewatching those episodes of Gundam Unicorn and Iron-Blooded Orphans the following would be most logical. So I am trying to work a feasible table for how much Hardness each would ignore to go straight to limb severing, soldier incinerating effect seen whenever DEW Melee or Ranged types are used in combat. Also, there could be an overcharge and focused settings to the Beam and HEAT modded melee weapons with either the internal power source depleting faster or lasting longer.

Upscaled melee weaponry would be made from the equivalent material that each mobile suit armor is manufactured from to equally negate the Hardness DC and deal straight damage to the opposing unit.
Bludgeoning type would add their weight plus strength to the damage roll to simulate the crushing strikes seen in IBO. \
Piercing type could have a bonus addition or multiplier equal to the weapons size class as follows maybe; +0 Medium, +2, Large, +4 Huge, +8 Gargantuan, +16 Colossal

AnimeSniper

Explorer
Found this, https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/melting-temperature-metals-d_860.html, and should prove useful in cross-referencing RAW material Hardness to a similar melting point

Does anyone have a guess to the whichever, Amps/Watts, that a medium laser rifle to its mecha and starship cousins would be? Also, Plasma it if anyone knows theoretically how it would be released from the weapon, i.e a teardrop bulb or still connected to rifle until power is cut. Message me if you know

kronos182

Adventurer
Found this, https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/melting-temperature-metals-d_860.html, and should prove useful in cross-referencing RAW material Hardness to a similar melting point

Does anyone have a guess to the whichever, Amps/Watts, that a medium laser rifle to its mecha and starship cousins would be? Also, Plasma it if anyone knows theoretically how it would be released from the weapon, i.e a teardrop bulb or still connected to rifle until power is cut. Message me if you know

I know there was a few sites years ago that discussed the power of star wars lasers and turbo lasers, and I think one that gives some info on some weapons from Babylon 5, which didn't have many lasers, but more plasma weapons, neutron weapons, and the like.. I'll see if I can find some of those sites again.

AnimeSniper

Explorer
Well I am still working on this with insight gained from my purchased WOIN bundle off of Bundle of Holding and Starfinder.... Starfinder has massively broke from the old creature size versus mecha/starship size from D20 Future and FutureTech books. Since both sources are slightly heavy on the colorized pages and artwork I may consult my local Office Depot on what their print shop will charge me to print them out.

Starfinder has a more logical outlook on the whole medium creature using say a motorcyle or aircraft both falling in their Tiny sized vehicle ranges so now I am reworking that part of my homebrew notes on Mecha creation with notations to the PL at which Mechanized Conveyance began.

Remove ads