M4: Under the Volcano [Nimisgod judging] -CONCLUDED

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian

To keep his mind off the swaying of the boat, he distracts himself by "helping" Rinaldo count the treasure. His dwarven appreciation for treasure comes out as Rinaldo tallies the shinies. "Oh, nah this, this is nice." He hefts the magical hammer and swings it around. "Ah kin feel the magic in this one, this is nice. But..." he sighs, "Not my style." He strokes the mithral shirt, commenting "Elven, ye think? Ah'm not a great fan o' the elves, but they've got the touch." He hefts it in the air. "Light, but sturdy. Very well done. But Ah prefer armor with a bit more substance to it. Like the stuff o' me sixth dad. Fantastic armorsmith, 'e was. 'Til the mind flayers got 'im, o' course. Me seventh wasn' s'good at makin' armor, 'e was good at usin' it." He puts the chain shirt down, his eyes lost in the horizon. "Though not good enough."

He continues to admire the treasure, mostly keeping quiet. Nothing interests him enough to keep it, except maybe the cure potion. The hammer and the armor are too light for his taste, and the boat is definitely not his thing.

[sblock=OOC: ]If nobody else claims it, I'll take the CMW potion. And depending on the rings/cloak, I may bid on those as well.[/sblock]

Manzanita

First Post
The group spends the night in Three Rings if they like. Abraham would let them stay in the Inn for free. Then they sail up to Monemvassia, where they purchase a couple pearls and pay a visit to the temple of Sela. The priests there recognize the party. They suspect they'll be getting good business from you group. They are happy to raise Nurlan at the standard price.

Casting the identify spells, the group identifies the magic items as follows:
Ring of Swimming (silver band with aquamarine gemstone)
Ring of Feather Falling (Platnum band)
Cloak of Protection +2 (Black on outside, Red inside)

The group can then procede to the palace to request an audience with the Prince. Oddly enough, despite the good news they seem to bear, the Prince's retainers insist he is busy and schedule a meeting for the morning.

At this point, I'm going to award time spent XPs, from 06/08/06 to 09/08/06. Amounts as follows:
Rinaldo: 900
Nurlan and Tenebrynn: 750
Razh, Ogrin, Ashnar, Eanos: 600

As this XP was clearly accrued before Nurlan's death, it should be applied before the raising. Thus when Nurlan is raised, he is reduced from 6th level ( 15,248 XPs) to 5th (12,500 XPs). I'll award the rest of the XPs soon. This way Nurlan loses 2,748 XPs. If he were simply raised at his current XP level (14,498), he would have lost 6,498 XPs.

Perhaps I am setting a precedent by my methodology here, but I prefer to think that the precedent has already been set. When PCs die, they are allocated XPs in the most favorable way, within reason. If anyone has comments or suggestions as to how this might be done differently, I'd be glad to listen. Any significant discussion of this issue, however, would probably be better done in the general thread.

Last edited:

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan opens his eyes and looks around, astonished. "Last I remember we were on the Viscount's ship. What happened?" But as he recognizes the priests of Sela, he immediately figures out that he has received the same fate as Ashnar.

After the others have had a chance to explain, he shows some sign of satisfaction. "Then we have won. I live again, and Causticus will trouble this land no more. Thank you all; you have been a fine bunch to have fighting at my side. And praise be to Sela for her steadfastness." He sings a line from a march that some of the others may remember (from M2) "They need not fear for me; for my mates are brave and strong.".

But his mood is only one of contentment; there is little of the joy that those who have long known Nurlan would recognize. Astute observers will notice, over the course of the day, that he is more pensive than usual.

rln

Explorer
OOC: I'd suggest using the Job system (if it was ever finished) for the knighthood, if it is to give a money per time award. It is the same mechanic after all.

"Huh. We go over and under the earth, fight with dragons, survive an erupting volcano and kill the assassin - but we can't get an audience with the prince. I guess that's nobility in a nutshell."

[SBLOCK=Treasure addendum]Ring of Feather Falling, 2200gp
Ring of Swimming, 2500gp
Cloak of Protection +2 AC (deflection bonus), 8000gp (assuming it's the same as the ring of the same type)
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
"Welcome back Nurlan! You took a nasty swipe there from Causticus. Not to worry though we brought him back (dead) and had the nice priests of Sela perform a well deserved ritual upon you." replies Tenebrynn.

ooc: I'd be most interested in the cloak of protection as it might make Tenebrynn a bit more tough in combat, but I realize that this is beyond the take for this adventure (if I've calculated it right, each share is about 3888gp). I don't have the cash to afford it all, though with Rinaldo's help I might be able to come close. In addition I now have Craft Arms and Armor (post approval) and can start making stuff for people :)

rln

Explorer
OOC: I'd favor letting Ashnar take the cloak, as he had to bear the biggest part of his resurrection himself. Also, would it not be more accurate to measure the sales value rather than the buy value, as that's really what they're worth to us?

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian

OOC: I agree, if a character wants to claim an item, he should only have to "pay" the amount we would sell it for. It's not exactly 50% though, because of Rinaldo, right?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases