The Crux of the Matter

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Seeing Vanitri address her, though her ability to understand language after what happened is still unsure, she gives a contented smile and moves over to cuddle up against him.*

Knight Otu

First Post
Erekose13 said:
"Nor can I." replies Tenebrynn.
"Me, neither." Ashna echoes with a unhappy voice. She sees Guile reappear and retransform, and says "I wonder what she wanted to say or why she didn't appear along with us? Interesting..."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Obviously I cannot bring everyone down myself. And running just seems doomed to failure though. Of course, if we rest to prepare more Dimension Doors, even odds she puts up a Dimensional Lock or something. Here's an idea..."

"Hey Sin, I know you're watching us right now--you saw everyone come out safely from the Crux, and Ashna had her dagger and could have destroyed it. If you don't let us pass safely, she'll be forced to destroy it as our only choice for getting out of here safely. And you don't want that, do you?"

*Sin's voice pipes in.*

"Honestly? The only one of you I want to kill right now is Rinaldo diSenzio for being a backstabbing bastard who is far more evil than I am. What kind of a merchant signs a contract and then, after the other side does their part, tries to kill her and refuses to provide the other end? If you give me Elpis and let me kill Rinaldo--a death, might I add, that will not even bring us even considering I brought two people back to life, but I don't mind that--the rest of you are of course free to go. Even Rayne, who attacked me. That was fun--you've gotten stronger, dear, you know that?"

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn is still of the opinion that Sin will have to be dealt with, but chooses not to share it openly ever more conscious that she is listening.

Knight Otu

First Post
Ashna does not say anything yet, but eyes Elektra. Is she bluffing, or does she know more than she should? she wonders.

(Should I note that Ashna's name is officially still Ashnar? ;))

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: If Ashna is wondering whether Ashna(r) may have destroyed the Crux in Elektra's alternate future, that is certainly possible.

I'm looking for a PC to respond to Sin's last comment, though--I don't want to have my NPC do all the negotiations with the enemy--that would be silly. Someone other than Rinaldo--Sin refuses to negotiate with him at all after the last time: The only thing she would accept from him was an immediate 'We give in to all your demands' and then giving in.')

Rystil Arden

First Post
"And I don't believe the threat--if she was going to destroy it, she blew her chance, and she would have done it anyway. The fact that you're here negotiating instead of murdering me means that you've already decided not to destroy the Crux. So I guess that makes us at an impasse. If you want to come down here and dance with me and my girls, tiger, I'm happy to oblige."

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Okay, so this may be relevant--XP. Everyone gains 4000 XP for the encounter with the Crux. Also, time XP = 2400 (everyone here has hit the cap for time XP, which is 400 per month). The total, then, is 6400. That seems relatively likely to level people up. You can regain that level as you were thrust backward by the Crux or while resting before that if you are Tenebrynn or Ashna, who both rested. You might want to pick Dimension Door as a new 4th-level spell ;)

Also, I forget if I said this above (I think so), but Tenebrynn should remember that he still thinks he's a pixie girl due to Wild Magic-tainted items :lol:

EDIT: From glancing at your sheets, it seems that everyone but Tenebrynn will level (though in Ashna's case, the level up only brings her to 8, while the other two level to 9 and 10). )

Last edited:

Remove ads