L4W Discussion Thread IV

elecgraystone

First Post
You currently can't do so in DDI (even though I don't see ANY reason why not.
Can't comment on what DDI does, but unless they change the wording of the monk ability, the monks strike IS a weapon from the unarmed group and as such would be available to anyone taking it as a weapon proficiency feat. They would have to add something to exclude it in the description to invalidate it's use with the feat.

renau1g

First Post
What Kal's saying is that it's not an option in the character builder to select as one of the weapon proficiency options.

Stringbean2142

First Post
Sorry I haven't been around the last few days, but things have gotten dicey here. Long story short, I need another day or two before I can devote time or energy to posting. To my GM and players, sorry, mates, and I'll get back on the horse soon.

elecgraystone

First Post
What Kal's saying is that it's not an option in the character builder to select as one of the weapon proficiency options.
As I said, I can't comment on what DDI does or why it does it. I can only comment on what was printed in dragon. Going on that I stand by my last post, that monk strike as it currently stands is a viable option for the weapon proficiency feat.

covaithe

Explorer
Based on having put a fairly high level monk through the CB last night, I'm convinced that the Monk as we know it is nowhere near finished. Brokenness abounds -- not in the sense of overpowered stuff, just lots of things that pretty clearly weren't thought through all the way.

Velmont

First Post
If I look at the Dragon magazine, I think the monk weapon is not usable by other class (yet).

Dragon Magazine 375 said:
Unarmed Combatant
You can make unarmed attacks with much greater effectiveness than most combatants. When you make an unarmed attack, you can use the monk unarmed strike, which is a weapon in the unarmed weapon group.[/SBLOCK]

This is the class feature description. Sure, the monk unarmed strike is treated like any weapon, but as it is a class feature of the Monk, I don't see anyone able to use it without a multi-class feat. But I wouldn't be surprise to see that feat coming with PHB3 and then, you could probably use the Weapon Focus (Unarmed) and other wepaon feat on it. After all, you can even enchant it like a weapon.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases