Scotley's Tomb of Horrors 3.5

Graybeard

Explorer
Zorn will force himself to wake up and see what all the commotion is all about.

He sits up, takes a quick look around and asks:

What's going on? Are we being attacked or is something out in the swamp?

Then he jumps to his feet and prepares for an answer.

Leif

Adventurer
Logan Lightbringer, Cleric9, AC28,FF27T17,HP76/76, DR3/-, F+9,R+4,W+11

"Not exactly sure, Zorn. This woman is approaching from the swamp, which makes me question who/what she is that she should be so far out in the swamp at such a time, and she is traveling with two big brutes of monsters that she claims to be fleeing. I think it's all some kind of a trap."

OOC: Scotley, my issues are resolved now and I can view the regular maps again.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Fin 24
Zorn 19
Harrison 12
Sine'Gile 12
Tsal'Eie 10
Enemy 8
--Woman 1 AC 24
--Woman 2 AC 22
--Ogre's AC 19
--Swamp Formian AC 23
Logan 2

Fin continues to sleep.

Zorn will force himself to wake up and see what all the commotion is all about. He sits up, takes a quick look around and asks: "What's going on? Are we being attacked or is something out in the swamp?" Then he jumps to his feet and prepares for an answer.

"Not exactly sure, Zorn. This woman is approaching from the swamp, which makes me question who/what she is that she should be so far out in the swamp at such a time, and she is traveling with two big brutes of monsters that she claims to be fleeing. I think it's all some kind of a trap."

*snorrrxxx* HUH? Harrison rolls to a standing position grabbing his shield and weapon in one smoothe practiced action. "what in the rotting pits of the hells is going on!?" He moves about looking at the comotion, his chain shirt glinting in the fog difused moon light.

"Stay back woman, I do not know you!" Shouts Sine'Gale as he reaches for his weapons.

Tsal'Eie continues to sleep.

The women ignore the warnings and charge forward. The first reaches out to touch Logan and he feels a cold weakening sensation in his chest (DC18 Fort Save). The second, seeing their ruse has failed transforms into a impossibly tall ancient looking human crone with deep blue skin and filthy hair. She leaps onto Sine'Gale and grapples him down raking him with her filty claws. He squeels pitifully, "Tsal'Eie" as he stuggles unsuccessfully to stab the hag with his blade. The first woman, also lets go her disguise and Logan finds he is facing a very old woman with sickly green skin and matted dark hair that looks almost like a tangled vine.

Harrison is hit by a huge glob of flying swamp muck (11 damage, DC: 12 balance check or fall prone) thrown by a huge Swamp Formian Giant that comes lumbering out of the darkness and into view. The pursuers turn out to be Ogre barbarians who swing their clubs, one narrowly missing Harrison and the other clipping Zorn (18 damage).

Logan swings his morning star, but finds the old woman harder to hit than she appears.

The rest of the party remains asleep...

OOC: Actions for round 2? Please post current hit points and AC (touch and regular) in your next post please. Those of you still sleeping may roll DC 12 listen checks to awaken now--at -10 for sleeping, +10 for combat.

Attachments

• islandr2.xls
    36.5 KB · Views: 107

Leif

Adventurer
Logan Lightbringer, Cleric9, AC28,FF27T17,HP76/76, DR3/-, F+9,R+4,W+11

Scotley, your post didn't mention Logan's non-lethal attack against the woman before she got close enough to touch him. Did I hit, or not? (maybe you didn't mention it because my init is so low that we haven't gotten to me yet?)

Here's my DC 18 Fort Save: 15, failure http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1686235/

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Harrison will take a 5 foot move to h 10 and attack the ogre barbarian, hoping logan will handle the green hag.

as he moves forward ... *splat* the swamp mud strikes him heavily, but does not knowck him down.

balence check (1d20+2=17)

HP 86/97

he then takes a swing at the ogre

power attack -4/+4 (1d20+12=25, 1d8+11=18)
(base attack 13, no crit, still a probable hit)

his well practiced sword arm gets a strike on the ogre, though no vital parts are struck.

Graybeard

Explorer
Zorn will take a 5' step back towards Fin (M11). Temporarily ignoring the pain, he conjures a line of deadly electricity and fires it at the nearby Ogre.

AC: 13, Touch AC: 13
Current HP: 30

Lightning Bolt, 9d6 damage=31

Lightning Bolt (9d6=31)

Scotley

Hero
Logan swings his morning star, but finds the old woman harder to hit than she appears.

The rest of the party remains asleep...

Scotley, your post didn't mention Logan's non-lethal attack against the woman before she got close enough to touch him. Did I hit, or not? (maybe you didn't mention it because my init is so low that we haven't gotten to me yet?)

Here's my DC 18 Fort Save: 15, failure http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1686235/

OOC: It was a pretty brief entry toward the end of my post as befits your init. As you can see from the AC's listed with initiative at the top of the post, you're going to have to roll a lot better to hit these ole biddies.

Logan feels the hag steal some of his strength away. (Str. damage (2d4=7))

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases