M&M3e (DCA) Young Justice: Home Alone

fireinthedust

Explorer
Yeah, that's me. And who're you? Echo? (anyone heard o' Echo? Sounds like a kid over here!) Alright, little lady. We'll clear the street... for a plane? Alrighty. Who're you sending, Batman? Martian Manhunter? Plastic Man? Put them on the phone, I wanna talk to some grownups.

Thejoshie

First Post
Yeah, that's me. And who're you? Echo? (anyone heard o' Echo? Sounds like a kid over here!) Alright, little lady. We'll clear the street... for a plane? Alrighty. Who're you sending, Batman? Martian Manhunter? Plastic Man? Put them on the phone, I wanna talk to some grownups.

Stephanie thought fast. "Turpin, Superman gives his regards..." She hesitated as she moved towards the phone. "The Leagues reservist are stretched thin due to rioting and the like all over Gotham, Washington and New York. The League is directing traffic and has us taking calls. You can trust us, Dan. We're in contact with the 'grown-ups'. Count on it. You really think Superman would abandon Metropolis in it's time of need?"

OOC: Can I Aid Batgirl's Deception check, make it a Team check (so I can use Teamwork)? So a success over DC10 gives Batgirl a +2, and three degrees gives a +5. If so, read on...

Batgirl said:
Stephanie thought fast. "Turpin, Superman gives his regards..." She hesitated as she moved towards the phone. "The Leagues reservist are stretched thin due to rioting and the like all over Gotham, Washington and New York. The League is directing traffic and has us taking calls. You can trust us, Dan. We're in contact with the 'grown-ups'. Count on it. You really think Superman would abandon Metropolis in it's time of need?"

Annie went along with Batgirl's ploy. In her best Wonder Woman impression, and floating away from the speaker to make it seem like she was calling from a further distance, she said, " 'Batgirl, Wonder Girl, Echo, go prep the Javelin! We are leaving! Now!' "

She flew closer to the speaker, faked an exasperated tone. "We're COMING! We're just telling the SCU whats going on!"Then, into the speaker itself: "Sorry, Detective Turtle, we gotta go before Wonder Woman crushes our skulls... just get the landing sight ready and patch everything you got on the sitch to Batgirl or Echo!"

hero4hire

Explorer
".nihsK, ffo ssiP" Solaris snapped, annoyed at the other man's attitude. Though the interruption had given Solaris chance to remember that this was the Hall & not the Watchtower.

"What the hell is a Kshin? Maybe you should leave the Backwards talk to the professionals? Okay Golden-Boy?"

"Yeah... no." Solaris replied. "I'll take the Javelin flown by someone trained by Batman over the Mandrake wannabe any day." That and Solaris wouldn't have put it past the mage to "accidentally" scatter his atoms across the planet. He knew Zatara hated him.

Zach looked perplexed "...and who the hell is Mandrake? What are you 300 or something? I don't really *do* the mass-teleporting thing anyway. Too bourgeois." he replied in a mock-offended tone.

hero4hire

Explorer
Zachary walked up behind the two ladies on the phone and whispered "If the Po-po give us a hard time when we get there. I can make them see and hear whomever we need them to see and hear."

Shayuri

First Post
Echo turns and aims a baffled look at Zach. She cups her hand around her mouth to keep her voice away from the phone receiver and whispers, "The...po po?"

She shakes her head and says, "The officer said there was an electromagnetic barrier that they couldn't affect in place. Also, the power is out. We may be dealing with someone who can control electromagnetism. Mechanism of control is unclear, but they are asking for Superman...so they must feel they have a chance. So it could be magic-based, in which case we'll be relying on you to provide countermeasures. Please try to stay focused."

hero4hire

Explorer
Echo turns and aims a baffled look at Zach. She cups her hand around her mouth to keep her voice away from the phone receiver and whispers, "The...po po?"

"Slang for Law Enforcement. Derivative of PO-lice." Zatara answered non-plussed.

She shakes her head and says, "The officer said there was an electromagnetic barrier that they couldn't affect in place. Also, the power is out. We may be dealing with someone who can control electromagnetism. Mechanism of control is unclear, but they are asking for Superman...so they must feel they have a chance. So it could be magic-based, in which case we'll be relying on you to provide countermeasures. Please try to stay focused."

"Doubtful...Probably some lame B-List villain. Surprising how many schmucks get ahold of some tech and get delusions of grandeur."

cassius335

First Post
"What the hell is a Kshin? Maybe you should leave the Backwards talk to the professionals? Okay Golden-Boy?"

Zach looked perplexed "...and who the hell is Mandrake? What are you 300 or something? I don't really *do* the mass-teleporting thing anyway. Too bourgeois." he replied in a mock-offended tone.

OOC: Google/Wiki Defenders Of The Earth. Kshin is Mandrake the Magician's sidekick in that series.

Of course, I ain't telling Zatara that...

Zachary walked up behind the two ladies on the phone and whispered "If the Po-po give us a hard time when we get there. I can make them see and hear whomever we need them to see and hear."

OOC: Fire, if I want to whack someone upside the head, is that Close Combat or Intimidation?

"Doubtful...Probably some lame B-List villain. Surprising how many schmucks get ahold of some tech and get delusions of grandeur."

"'Delusions of grandeur?" Solaris arched an eyebrow. "People in glass houses..." He shook his head, leaving the quote unfinished. "At the very least, we know we're dealing with someone who isn't on Mongul's Who's Who List." The 'like us' hung uspoken in the air.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases