A Little Challenge

Asmodeus

First Post
Howdy all. I'm quite new to the boards but need some of your much vaunted advice.

I have high level smackdown game coming up soon. It is an exercise of powergaming so no need to justify any ability for roleplaying reasons. I'm currently stumped for idea and would appreciate any help.

The rules-
Level: 20.
Stat: 18, 17, 16, 15, 14, and 13. To be arrange by each player according to their character.
Class: Any.
Race: Any. (No ECL)
Source Book: Any D20 rulebooks, except Star War Series. No material from Dragon Magazine allowed, unless it has been incorporated into a rulebook.

Magical item: 1,500,000 gold pieces for any spending purpose. E.g. To purchases any magical and/or normal items. Hire a butler, soldiers to fight mini war or a smith to make masterwork weapon(s). No additional gold or treasure generated by magical items purchased can be use in this manner.

No minor or major artifacts and relics allow

I await to hear from the smackdown masters.

PS: I have already gone though the Sultans of Smack thread. I'm hoping soemone can come up with soemthing better.

Forrester

First Post
Asmodeus said:
Howdy all. I'm quite new to the boards but need some of your much vaunted advice.

I have high level smackdown game coming up soon. It is an exercise of powergaming so no need to justify any ability for roleplaying reasons. I'm currently stumped for idea and would appreciate any help.

The rules-
Level: 20.
Stat: 18, 17, 16, 15, 14, and 13. To be arrange by each player according to their character.
Class: Any.
Race: Any. (No ECL)
Source Book: Any D20 rulebooks, except Star War Series. No material from Dragon Magazine allowed, unless it has been incorporated into a rulebook.

Magical item: 1,500,000 gold pieces for any spending purpose. E.g. To purchases any magical and/or normal items. Hire a butler, soldiers to fight mini war or a smith to make masterwork weapon(s). No additional gold or treasure generated by magical items purchased can be use in this manner.

No minor or major artifacts and relics allow

I await to hear from the smackdown masters.

PS: I have already gone though the Sultans of Smack thread. I'm hoping soemone can come up with soemthing better.

Three big questions:
Are they allowing Leadership?
Does Dust of Disappearance w/ or w/out Non-Detection foil True Seeing?
Is this a one-on-one? Free for all? If so, how many players?

Asmodeus

First Post
Leadership is allowed as well as anything published by any D20 company. Nothing is banned off.

Now the second question is a lot more tricky. Not too usre how we would rule it since we have never had to confront it. To be safe, true seeing foils it.

It is a tournament where everybody faces off in a big battle.

Asmodeus

First Post
Oh yes I forgot. The no ECL for races also applies to templates as long as they make sense by the rules.
So half fiend vampiric -okay
hlaf fiend/half dragon lich vampire -not okay

Voadam

Legend
No limits smack

With no ECL go with a Great Wyrm Dragon for all around save bonuses, base HD, SR, Attacks, etc. Add on Half celestial for the immunities, do not go with vampiric it will drop your con bonus to hit points. Add on half elemental from RttTEE for extra goodness. Oh and add on Magister from MaoF for spell immunities and +10 con bonus, etc.

In a smack you always want to max out your init so you can put the smack down first so make Dex your highest stat (the dragon bonuses to the other stats will take care of themselves). I would suggest going with Wizard or sorcerer and arcane prestige classes for your 20 class levels. There is a broken spell from Relics and rituals that is pretty high level that drains lots of constitution. Even if saves are made with two of them it is an instant kill so quickened and twinned? Get metamagic rods from T&B for metamagicing without increasing spell levels.

Jairami

First Post
Mistress Time
Sun Elf Female
Wiz5/Incantatrix8/Spelldancer4/Acm3

Opposition School: Enchantment

Feats required: Iron Will, Spell Focus (in two schools), Skill Focus: Spellcraft (waste), Empower Spell, Extend Spell, Persistent Spell, Spell Casting Prodigy

Intelligence 20 + 2 (effective, Spell Casting Prodigy) + 5 (levels) + 5 (tome of clear thought +5) + 17 (six times empowered Fox's Cunning--max roll to keep math simple) = 49 (effective spellcasting intelligence).

Spell Power +1, +2, +3 = +6

Spell DC's without taking into account two schools with spell focus:

0 35
1 36
2 37
3 38
4 39
5 40
6 41
7 42
8 43
9 44

Unless you have the bare minimum XP required to be 20th level, assume at some point in time she cast Hide Life. Using a Rod of Security, transport yourself to your little demi plane of protection, then use Astral Projection to project yourself to wherever it is she is needed.

If extreme pwnage is needed, while hasted use dust of disappearance and cast ghostform (or is it wraithform? I forget, the one in Tome & Blood), then begin spelldancing for four rounds at the end of which cast a persistent Time Stop. You'll then have 24 hours to rest, heal (potions), buff, plan, and rememorize spells or do other nasty things.

Might want to make another feat be leadership for a high level cohort assistant with the leadership feat and a high level cohort of his own and so on.

Alternatively, you could play an oriental adventures variant human Brb3/Forsaker10/Frenzied Berserker7 decked out with adamantine gear with leadership as a feat and a high level Abjuration focused pixie archmage cohort (you took her under your wing to prove by example you don't need magic). She climbs in your backpack and casts Anti-Magic Field on herself (without telling you) and the two of you go to work, impervious to all magic save really lucky Disjuction rolls (if the field goes down, she can cast it again, it's only 6th level). Often, the 10' range will mean who ever you are swinging at has all their magical gear, all their buffs, all their supernatural abilities, etc suppressed. Imagine the wizard's surprise when he suddenly looses his invisibility, has no magic, and the Forsaker with +14 str in his raging frenzy grapples him...

Either way, just two fun ideas.

mikebr99

Explorer
This may not look so powerful at first glance...

(FR) Sun Elf
S(15), D(17), C(14), I(25), W(14), C(13)
Wiz. 1, Ftr. 5, Bladesinger 10, Weapon Master 4

AC:30
+5 Mythril Breasplate of whatever you can get (considered light)

Attack: +25, +20, +15, +10
+2 Longsword, Keen, Vorpal, Wounding
Crit rng. 15-20, severs head on crit., bleeding 1/hit/rnd.

Bladesinger Spell List
1st-Level Spells (6), DC18
Expeditious Retreat
Shield
True Strike x4

2nd-Level Spells (6), DC19
Blur
Bull’s Strength
Cat’s Grace
Mirror Image x2
Protection from Arrows

3rd-Level Spell (5), DC21