N.E.W. PLaytest Document (August 2014)

noldona

Villager
And yet another spot. I assume the three times is suppose to be thin?

A ship's maximum VELOCITY is equalto its SPEED in a thick atmosphere,
twice its SPEED in a terrestrial
atmosphere, and three times its SPEED
in a thick atmosphere.

Traditions!

Page 73 has a statement that when you leave a tradition, you may {with DM approval} *restart* the tradition.

I presume this means paying 1,000 XP and gain the rank I abilities and then work your way back up... doesn't this make every tradition 'repeatable'? Take SuperStar Athlete and rake in the money over and over again..

In OLD, assuming this rule translates over, you could make a monster spellcaster by switching back and forth between two casting traditions on the cheap.

Also on that page is a statement that you cannot train-up a skill/ability twice in a row and have to train up another one before coming back. Can this be changes to 'cannot train-up a skill/ability beyond the point of adding a new dice to the pool'? That way you avoid the 4 or more adventure delays in boosting your skill from a 6 to a 10 and getting that 4th dice...

mminsk

First Post
Space Madness Map

My friends and I created a new universe to play N.E.W. in by converting an old fantasy world building tool called Dawn of Worlds. As part of it we created a bunch of new races. I thought people might enjoy taking a look at it.

Attachments

• Space Madness Galaxy Map.pdf
    845.6 KB · Views: 135

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
My friends and I created a new universe to play N.E.W. in by converting an old fantasy world building tool called Dawn of Worlds. As part of it we created a bunch of new races. I thought people might enjoy taking a look at it.

I'd love to see the new races and stuff!

mminsk

First Post
I think it might be cool to add some info for folks that want to make their own races. It was pretty easy but we originally had a couple characters come out with 0 for some stats because we had given them an initial minus that was too high.

Maybe you could include a small sub section that describes total bonuses that could be awarded and the types of special abilities they could come with.

Feel free to use any of the ones we came up with. It was pretty fun and the characters are very invested in the different races.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I think it might be cool to add some info for folks that want to make their own races. It was pretty easy but we originally had a couple characters come out with 0 for some stats because we had given them an initial minus that was too high.

Maybe you could include a small sub section that describes total bonuses that could be awarded and the types of special abilities they could come with.

Feel free to use any of the ones we came up with. It was pretty fun and the characters are very invested in the different races.

There's a whole chapter on that sort of thing! Check out page 269! It might be a tad outdated now (there should never be minuses).

Remove ads