[LPF] Greener is the Grass

jbear

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Yep, a gravity elemental :) It's on the pathfinder rules page amongst elementals. I can summon a small elemental. But it is 3rd Party material. Not core. But they can make flying creatures land :) So it would be great. But probably not allowed. But if you don't ask! [/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Sylla slips off her horse and moves in behind Boots. "I shouldn't be expending these magics for crows," she mutters. With a wave, the crows begin moving in slow motion -- at least, it appears that way to Boots, Vincenzo, and Taniwha.

The freshly hasted Boots continues to press his attack on the crows.
[sblock=Actions]Sylla: Dismount (free, made the roll), move to I9, caste Haste on Boots, Sylla, Taniwha, Vincenzo. [Haste: +1 attack, dodge AC, Reflex, double movement speed, one extra attack when full attacking.]

Boots: 5 foot step to G9, full attack for nonlethal damage.
[MENTION=40413]GlassEye[/MENTION] Do swarms take only partial NL damage? By my count, Boots hit with both claws last time for 18, not 9.[/sblock]
[sblock=Mini Stats]
Sylla_150-1.png
Boots_150-1.png

Sylla the Grim
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 28/28
CMB: +5 CMD: 19
Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +4
Perception: +4, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +4

Current Weapon in Hand: Bow
Current Conditions in Effect: Haste, Bless
Spells Remaining (1st): 4
Spells Remaining (2nd): 0

Boots

AC: 18 (16 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 29/29
CMB: +6 CMD: 18 (22 vs. Trip)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +1

Perception: +6, Darkvision 60', Scent
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons
Current Conditions in Effect: Haste, Unnatural Aura, Bless

Used Items:
Arrows x2
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=OOC]Yep, a gravity elemental :) It's on the pathfinder rules page amongst elementals. I can summon a small elemental. But it is 3rd Party material. Not core. But they can make flying creatures land :) So it would be great. But probably not allowed. But if you don't ask! [/sblock]

[sblock=ooc-I don't believe you!]
nuh uh! I don't see that! oh, wait, you said 3rd party . . . . . oh. there it is.Well how about that.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
GM: Hmm... Looks like round two was my round to make a lot of mistakes. My apologies and I've tried to correct below. Taniwha, Vincenzo, and the horse all get AoO as the swarm moves in to attack which I've rolled in the interest of not dragging this round out any further. Systole, no special resistance against nonlethal, rather a mistake on my part on how to apply swarm resistance to slashing/piercing damage. jbear, sorry, no gravity elementals or other non-standard creatures on the summoning list.

Because the corrections have changed the battlefield please rework/restate your Round Two actions.

As the murder of crows flocks around the mounted Vincenzo and Taniwha the big cat lashes out snapping teeth closed on crows, crunching their bodies and flinging them away to snap again. Vincenzo skewers a few on his blade and with the approach of Boots the mass of crows loses its cohesion as a mob and the crows break away cawing their distress.

The crowing seems to send the other flock of crows into a frenzy and they circle angrily above the group. It seems unlikely that additional noise will be able to drive the crows away now.

OOC: Combat: Round Two. Everyone is up.

[sblock=Combat Information]

Initiative:
Crows
Adventurers

Map:

Party:
Denizel: 26/26 hit points remaining
Maui: 21/29 hit points remaining
Taniwha: 23/23 hit points remaining
Sylla: 28/28 hit points remaining
Boots: 26/29 hit points remaining
Vincenzo: 32/32 hit points remaining
--Vinny's Horse: 15/15 hit points remaining

Spells/Abilities Used: Denizel: Bless

Conditions in Effect:
--Maui: Blinded (4 days)

Enemy Status:
Murder of Crows 1 (AC 14): 10 damage taken, 18 nonlethal dmg taken; dissipated
Murder of Crows 2 (AC 14): 0 damage taken
[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"Gah!" Denizel stumbles back a bit, trying to keep some allies between himself and the angry birds. He quickly raises his crossbow and takes one of the large birds out with a bolt.

[sblock=Actions]5 Foot step to H12
Crossbow 19 vs AC, 5 damage
[/sblock]

[sblock=Denizel, Level 4 Bard/Oracle]Denizel
AC: 20 (18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 26 Current: 26
CMB: 0 CMD: 12 Fort: +1 Reflex: +6 Will: +8
Speed: 20'

Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

+1 Longsword: +5, 1d8, crit 19-20/x2
Wand, Inflict Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes
+1 Crossbow: +5, 1d8+1, Crit: 19-20/x2, Rng: 80ft, 31 Bolts
Wand, Cure Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes

Key Skills: Bluff +14, Diplomacy +11, Disguise +13, Kn Arcana +11, Kn History +10, Kn Local +10, Kn Nobility +10, Kn Religion +11, Perception +8, Perform (Dance) +9, Profession (Courtier) +5, Sense Motive +7, Spellcraft +6

Bardic Performance: 11/11 rounds per day

Bard Spells Remaining: 1st level 4/4
Bard Spells Known: 1: Charm Person (DC 16), Disguise Self, Hideous Laughter (DC 16)
0: Daze (DC 15), Detect Magic, Light, Message, Prestidigitation

Oracle Spells Remaining: 1st level 5/6
Oracle Spells Known: 1: Bless, Cure Light Wounds, Identify, Sanctuary
0: Ghost Sound, Guidance, Mage Hand, Mending, Read Magic, Resistance, Stabilize
[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
GM: *snip*.....

Because the corrections have changed the battlefield please rework/restate your Round Two actions.

As the murder of crows flocks around the mounted Vincenzo and Taniwha the big cat lashes out snapping teeth closed on crows, crunching their bodies and flinging them away to snap again. Vincenzo skewers a few on his blade and with the approach of Boots the mass of crows loses its cohesion as a mob and the crows break away cawing their distress.

The crowing seems to send the other flock of crows into a frenzy and they circle angrily above the group. It seems unlikely that additional noise will be able to drive the crows away now.

OOC: Combat: Round Two. Everyone is up.

Initiative:
Crows
Adventurers

--Vinny's Horse: 15/15 hit points remaining

Conditions in Effect:

[/sblock]

Repost of round two:

Vincenzo hops off the horse and picks up a rock to throw at the Rakacious dynn causing birds.
dismount: move action
pick up rock to throw at birds: move action

[sblock=Mini Stats]Vincenzo
AC: 18 (13 flat-footed, 15 touch) (+ variances)
HP: 32/32
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+ variances)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
Perception: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: +1 ivory handled Rapier
Att: +7; Dam: 1d6 + 2, Crit: 18-20/x2, Type: P
Current Conditions in Effect: none
33D3DD
[/sblock][/QUOTE]

jbear

First Post
With a deep growl Taniwha races towards the other murder of crows and snaps at them with sharp teeth.

Maui, hearing his companion nearby, backs off a step and begins chanting softly, summoning another beast to fight in his stead.

[sblock=OOC]Taniwha: Move to D13 and Bite attack
Maui : Full round action to summon natural ally II as before replacing barkskin: A wolf (possibly reflavoured as a feline? a large Mountain cat?)
SK explained that a summoned creature doesn't arrive until the start of next turn. As Maui is blind he will summon it next to where he hears Taniwha. [/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Sylla moves her mount south and fires a smoke arrow at the horde of crows. Boots maneuvers between the horses to attempt to bat a few more out of the air.
[sblock=Actions]Sylla: Move mount south for a clear shot. Don't think this takes a ride check, just a move action, right? Fire smoke arrow at D15. Attacking the square is DC 5, I assume? So it's a hit on anything except 1.

EDIT: Epic fail. Thanks, RNG, for making me look like a tool.

Boots: Move E13, NL attack.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]
Sylla_150-1.png
Boots_150-1.png

Sylla the Grim

Current Conditions in Effect: Bless
Spells Remaining (1st): 4
Spells Remaining (2nd): 1

Boots

AC: 18 (16 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 29/29
CMB: +6 CMD: 18 (22 vs. Trip)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +1

Perception: +6, Darkvision 60', Scent

Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons
Current Conditions in Effect: Unnatural Aura, Bless

Used Items:
Arrows x2
Whistling Arrow x1
Smoke Arrow X1
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Denizel's bolt tears through a large crow putting an end to its screeching while Vincenzo hefts a rock in hand in preparation for flinging it at the massed birds. Maui begins his summoning spell and Taniwha and Boots dash forward to snap at the crows. The crows are, however, too high above for them to reach. Their height does mean that Sylla doesn't have to move in order to get her shot off but moving back up the hill does give her better sight lines. Unfortunately, the arrow sails well past the crows.

Avoiding Boots as much as they can the crows dive at Taniwha though some peck and scratch at Denizel's horse. Taniwha's teeth snap closed on air but Boots batters a few crows that tumble to the ground in a flurry of wings. Denizel's horse stamps at the crows but with little effect.

OOC: Combat: Round Three. Everyone is up.

Since the crows were too high for the rolled attacks I used those attacks for the AoO's.

Ref DC 13 to avoid blindness (Taniwha);
Fort DC 13 to avoid distraction/nausea (Taniwha)

Initiative:
Crows
Adventurers

Map:

Party:
Denizel: 26/26 hit points remaining
Maui: 21/29 hit points remaining
Taniwha: 17/23 hit points remaining
Sylla: 28/28 hit points remaining
Boots: 26/29 hit points remaining
--Denizel's Horse: 8/15 hit points remaining

Conditions in Effect:

Enemy Status:
Murder of Crows 1 (AC 14): 10 damage taken, 18 nonlethal dmg taken; dissipated
Murder of Crows 2 (AC 14): 2 damage taken, 7 nonlethal dmg taken
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Sylla curses as her arrow lands wide of the mark. "I did not just miss the damned ground," she growls, drawing another arrow and nocking it. She curses again as she finds herself without a clear shot.

Boots closes and presses his attack.[sblock=Actions]Sylla: Hold attack for a clear shot at a space occupied by crows.

Boots: Move D12, NL full attack.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]
Sylla_150-1.png
Boots_150-1.png

Sylla the Grim

Current Conditions in Effect: Bless