(OOC) Scourge of Daggerford (Full)

Archon Basileus

First Post
"Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads! Swords for everyone!" Thanks for that, [MENTION=6865745]gargoyleking[/MENTION] !

Enviado de meu GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
See my post above, I think face works better as a second in command but just remember that not all the players are comfortable doing the roles. So I vote for people who put their hands up.

Oh, hey, I have no problem as a player doing that LOL It's just Angis isn't necessarily the type. Leadership tends to involve Charisma rolls, though, so that might determine how good a leader one is! LOL Angis would do it if no one else stepped up, though. He would see it as a responsibility.

And only slightly off topic, these two comics illustrate why I love dwarves. And it's just so Angis LOL

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0084.html

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0333.html

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Leader: I think Titus is the natural leader of the party, both by reputation (alignment) and background (noble), plus a tolerable charisma. That gets my vote, if [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION] wants it.

Downtime: my problem with the downtime rules is the cost-of-entry for so many of the occupations. Currently Tommi has 36gp; that rules out Research, Training, or (best bet) gambling (it also bothers me that proficiency with cards/dice doesn't improve chances at Gambing; they've introduced a proficiency and then don't use it when it finally becomes mechanically relevant). Of realistic options, then, that leaves (in order) Pitfighting, Crime, Religion, or Work.

I can see Tommi working with another pit fighter, or possibly styling himself as a fixer, arranging fights and taking odds.Call it pit fighting, but on the understanding that it's not whatever official fights are happening, but after hours fights in the yard behind the pub, as he tries to provoke victors (or those defeated) who have started to drink to celebrate their wins or console themselves.

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
I wouldn't mind having Titus be the leader. I've never played a party leader before. Could be fun.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I agree about the crazy cost of stuff. I'm of a mind to use the "Sane Magic Item Prices" that someone cooked up. Makes me want to use a "Sane Downtime Costs" equivalent. 500gp to hobnob with the wealthy seems... extravagant. I can imagine a pretty crazy party being thrown on that kind of coin. Let me look at it and get back to you. As far as Gambling goes, there is NO WAY I'm not going to allow cards & dice proficiencies to factor in. (Or to reverse my double-negative, I ABSOLUTELY WILL allow dice & card proficiencies. In fact, I have long since decided to ignore the whole "tool prof don't stack with skills" weirdness. Stack away (just point out that you're doing it). If a rogue can have expertise, it's not TOO broken to let a Gambler stack "Deception" with "Cards"... and it makes much more sense as to how the tool profs ever DO ANYTHING.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I realize that earlier I told the Bard not to bother with performance... but I absolutely would let a Bard use BOTH performance AND a musical instrument. It's just not by the rules, and often not worth it anyway. It's pretty much the only house-rule I play with, and it doesn't really come up much usually. But I like it.

Remove ads