(Adventure) A hunting trip

"A story to remember, indeed," Telerin said with a smile, petting Whitefang, "This forest should have some peace now...if not, I guess I will be retuning."

((OOC: Telerin's not too picky about treasure...he'll follow the groups decision on how to divide it.))

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC: I don't think anyone would have a problem with giving some of that money to the Krimp's. Besides, there's more to come in just a moment...Loose ends tied.
Forgive my fast forward and feel free to interject/time warp/whatever you feel like afterwards.It is long, sorry folks...

IC: Removing the loot as well as the Ogreling from the cave, the Companions make their weary way back out of the Ormfene Lair. With a quick flick of her whip, Katherine send the Trap tumbling down, blocking off most of the opening. Little effort is needed to finish the job, and Remi and telerin quickly drop several boulders from above onto the entrance, sealing it away from prying eyes.Remi also bears a grisly sack, an Ogre head within. The second is easy to pick up along the way. The authorities should see the things and know that they are dead, distateful as the whole thing is.

The trip back to the Krimp Farm is fairly easy, as Remi and Katherine are able to help the limping youth along, and Telerin is able to carry Mrs. Krimp, who is rather small, truth be told. Whitefang seems happy to be out in the air again, and frequently runs forward at play, then darts back to lick Aranel's hand or Telerin's face (when stops occur).

Reaching the farm, the horror of what happened there a scant few hours ago hits you all. Bron Bekkle comes out from the house when he spots you all on the Porch. tears spring from his eyes at the sight of Mrs. Krimp and her son, and he rushes out to help bring them in.

Mrs. Krimp insists that you all stay a few days, as the storm is raging by midnight, and the loft (2nd floor) is made quite comfortable for you all.
When Katherine hands the little girl the Violin, her eyes go wide, awed at such a gift, when all that she has ever had before were rag dollies and cast-offs from her brothers. She nods in comprehension at Katherine's promise to come and teach her how to play.

Mrs. Krimp wants nothng to do with the Ogreling, though she bears it no ill will personally, no matter what Evils her family suffered at it's hands. Bron Bekkle goes out and takes milk from one of the few remaining animals, a goat hiding under the porch (several animals were, terrified when the Ormfene appeared) The little Ogre will live on that front, though as to it's Fate...
The next morning, Bron rides out (leaving the Ogreling behind), asking for someone to make sure it is warm, he thinks that he has a solution that will satisfy all.

That day, Katherine and Telerin are able to Detect Magic on the things found, and indeed, the hand crossbow, as well as the Cloak are enchanted.

An hour later, a half dozen Roadwardens appear, having arrived at the request of the old Hunter to clean up the grisly remains of the attack and to make sure that the House was put in order again. Some of you help here and there, but for the most part the Roadwardens look as if they'd like to do it; they had been friends of Farmer Krimp, and wanted to help put his affairs in order. As well, they take down his mutilated body so that Mrs. krimp didn't see it and lay him to rest in a grave dug out behind the House. They ask Telerin to give the Eulogy, as farmer Krimp was a follower of the Greenman, and ever did he have respect for the Wood and everything living within <Perform 18 for Telerin>. Afterwards, the Roadwardens continue their work, though there is still no sign of Bron Bekkle.
Sometime the next evening, as you were still nursing your wounds, there comes a knock upon the old oak door. Opening it, you see a slim Elf, dressed in forest greens and tan leathers, tattoos and rings adorning his face. Beside him is a human woman,perhaps 30 years of age, her long hair tinted a pale green. This woman as well is clad in leathers and the colors of the Wood : Druids.
The Elf speaks ' We thank you for slaying the Ormfene that plagued these woods, for while we looked elsewhere, Bron Bekkle tracked the thing relentlessly and, with your able service, it was destroyed.'

When Remi shows the two heads, the Druids look startled and truly taken aback.When Telerin steps forward with the Ogreling, the Druids seem perplexed.
'So, this is wha Bekkle's message referred too...He said we were needed, for guidance/ We will take this little babe, though little he shall remain for a very short time, I think. Such things are not inheirantly Evil, and it has the look of the Wild about it as well. It shall grow up with a respect for the Wood and everything in Nature, rebuilding what it's foul Parents destroyed. The state of the Ogres...there is something wrong with them, something not quite right.'. Telerin shows the tooth necklaces, which immediately cause both Druids to recoil and gasp. The woman says 'That is the work of Kroggoth, a Deity out of the North...his hand should not be this far south.Lord of the Wilders, they call him, he who perverts and changes all who serve him to a more bestial state. Some would name him an Old force of Nature,and beneficial, though we know the truth of it.Kroggoth and his followers kill and eat those who oppose him. Kroggoth would Hunt and Slay all in his lust for meat. This must relayed to The Council. Thank you all.
And you, young brother Telerin, should you wish it, will find friendship and alliance with the Oakheart Lodge, which we both do serve. Give our names, I am Jenwyn Greenlocke and my companion is Veryln Dawnbreath'

Wrapping the little Ogreling up in furs from her pack, the woman turns and steps back into the rain. The Elf smiles sadly at what he sees around him and bends down setting a small parcel upon the floor. Bowing to you all, he too steps back into the rain and is gone.

Opening the parcel (for Aranel's curiosity was driving her mad), revealed are four small talismans, tiny Oaktrees, carved from wood (one would presume oak), each a mere 2 inches tall.

Musing all that has been shared with you, you sleep for a second night at the Krimp Farm, watching over the wounded family members.
In the morning, you are awakened by a very loud and boisterous Bron bekkle, arriving with a smile and several other men. these have the look of Merchants, for while they bear blades, they hardly seem to be ones to use them. Several of the roadwardens are present as well. Bekkle introduces the merchants, representatives of the Orassus Merchant's Guild and explains that they had put a Bounty on the heads of whatever was attacking their interests, as several of their members were killed a few weeks back on these roads. One of the merchants goes pale at the sight of the jeweled Longsword, nodding that it had indeed belonged to one of their number, though they have no desire to recover it. Upon seeing the Ogre heads, the men all nearly wet themselves and quickly withdraw,waving for one of the Roadwardens to put down a very heavy looking box that he had been holding. Opening it, you see freshly minted Gold. Offering the thanks of the Guild, the men mount quickly and hasten to be away from what they have just witnessed.

Bron waits to lead you back to The City, as he will need his horses, though he says that he will return here to help the Krimps for a while yet, though he thinks that he will put away his Chess Set for a while,as he really hasn't the heart to play anymore...

<1,000GP gained>.

The two necklaces worn by the Ogress. Aranel guesses the worth of the Opal-studded one at perhaps 600 Gold Crowns <GP>.

824 CP,735SP given to the Krimps.
Masterworked Violin (given to the little krimp girl)

1,756 GP in total, counting the reward.

Necklace worth 600GP.

3 Emeralds worth 100GP each.

suit of chainmail.

Masterworked longsword with platinum leaf on it's guard and a small ruby set into it's pommel-515 GP.

A slim hand crossbow, crafted of a dark wood and detailed with silver leafwork along it's handle. Hand crossbow +1

lCloak of Resistance +1

Last edited:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Pyrex said:
Remi turns to Kat with a grin
"Yeah, but think of how much fun you'll have retelling all this back at the Red Dragon.
Imagine it; the four of us up against not just one but two ogres. And we all lived to tell the tale."

Katherine gives a mock gasp. "FIVE of us, you mean!" She kneels to ruffle Whitefang's fur. "He didn't mean it, its just because you're short..."

Pyrex

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
The wolf gave a playful growl towards Remi, and almost nodded. Telerin laughed, "He doesn't like being called short."

Remi laughs, then responds
"Sorry 'bout that Whitefang. We couldn't have done it without you. I just didn't see you all the way down there." :D

OOC: Ignoring the silver, copper & violin, I count 6521gp total amongst the rest. Giving Aranel the Xbow leaves 4121gp for the other three PC's; about 1373gp each. (and an Oaktree talisman for each of us)

If you all don't mind, for my share I'd like the Mwk Longsword (315) and ~1000gp out of the cash & gems.

Last edited:

Whitefang growled a little again and beared his teeth. Telerin grinned and patted the wolf, "No, you can't kill him now...wait til he's asleep."

((OOC: Fine with me, Pyrex...the Chainmail's useless to me as a Druid...I guess I'd like the Cloak of Resistance, though I'm not too picky with gold and such. :))))

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:The Chainmail is worth 150GP, so you could get an easy 75GP in town, unless some PC wanted to pay more. There's an idea. A 'Red Dragon Inn Bulletin Board'. You leave somethng, with a price, Tiggle or Joe gets 10% say, or a fee and folks can peruse and buy/trade as they come/go...

Kahuna Burger

First Post
ooc: Since the sword has precious metals, you may have undervalued it a bit at masterwork market price, but I'm not feeling picky.

IC: Katherine gestures to the necklace and jewels and comments "I could take these as most of my share, with whatever of the gold evens it out. I like to travel light, and also when my investigations take me to Court... well, nobles expect your jewels to match your manners and I'm lacking in one of those." She sounds almost as lighthearted as she apparently means to be, but her gaze falls on the marred signet which is her only current ornament. After a moment lost in thought she forces a laugh and picks up one of the oak talismans to thread on a bit of ribbon. "Though when dealing with the people who matter, I think this will make a better badge than opals or emeralds."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC: I was just being descriptive with the sword, but sure. Add 200GP to it's value. It is officially a jeweled Masterwork Longsword, value 515GP.

Pyrex

First Post
OOC: Then to make things easy, how about I take the sword (515gp) the chainmail (150gp) and 800gp? Katherine can take the jewelry (900gp) and 500gp. Telerin gets the cloak (1000gp) and 400gp. Aranel gets the Xbow and the remaining 56gp (No fun leaving her broke) :)

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases