Unconfirmed: More Layoffs at WotC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggroy

First Post
More info.

Correction: Andy Collins might not have been laid off, but it is his last day at Wizards. My fault. Torah was laid off.

Collins may have tendered his resignation voluntarily?

firesnakearies

Explorer
I find the number of big-name, well-known, and very talented core writers/designers laid off from WotC since 4E came out to be disturbing, and depressing. If they ever lay off Bruce Cordell, I'm boycotting them forever.

davethegame

Explorer
Collins may have tendered his resignation voluntarily?

Yeah, my hope is that some big software company offered him a lot of money, and not an actual lay-off as previously reported.

I find the number of big-name, well-known, and very talented core writers/designers laid off from WotC since 4E came out to be disturbing, and depressing. If they ever lay off Bruce Cordell, I'm boycotting them forever.

I'm with you there!

Wow.

Voluntary departure or not, he'll be missed. His efforts were more or less tireless, and on a personal level, he's responsible for a lot of the opportunities I've had so far in working with WotC.

Thanks, Andy. Fair winds and following seas in whatever comes next.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Wow, that's definitely a shame.

I'm not very familiar with Torah--seems like he's been with WotC for less than two years?

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I feel bad for Torah. Nothing like being told you're let go to ruin your day for many days to come. :(

If Andy left of his own accord, I'd guess that means he has something else lined up. I just hope it's because he got a great offer, rather than being upset with his current job to the point of wanting to leave - it's always preferable to go towards something better, than trying to escape something that's becoming worse.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases