[OOC] The Forges of the Mountain King- 1st Level Dwarf PCs [Full]

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Here's a little Open Office spreadsheet with a bunch of stuff on, I'll update every now and then- perhaps at the end of each encounter, it's just so you can skim it and see where you're at and what you have done.

Attachments

• PBP Forges.xls
    35.5 KB · Views: 57

Pinotage

Explorer
Nice. Thanks. It's actually quite a good idea. I'm in another PbP which we've been playing actively for more than 5 years and I wish now that we had something like this to just summarize all the action through the years.

Pinotage

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Nice. Thanks. It's actually quite a good idea. I'm in another PbP which we've been playing actively for more than 5 years and I wish now that we had something like this to just summarize all the action through the years.

Pinotage

I do one for all of my games, send to the players mid-wekk just to remind them usually. You should see the size ofthem after a year and a half though- last campaign we played 78 sessions, the XP table just seemed to go on for ever, and the list of all the bad guys that had fallen was titanic.

Cheers anyway.

Walking Dad

First Post
[MENTION=15194]Pinotage[/MENTION]

how many handaxes has Kazz? If you can keep throwing, you can keep your divine challenge on range to a foe with no ranged attack ;) very useful :D

not useful this round, as you already used all your actions, but something to consider for later...

Pinotage

Explorer
[MENTION=15194]Pinotage[/MENTION]

how many handaxes has Kazz? If you can keep throwing, you can keep your divine challenge on range to a foe with no ranged attack ;) very useful :D

not useful this round, as you already used all your actions, but something to consider for later...

I looked at that, but the Divine Challenge states something along the lines of 'you have to end your turn adjacent to the opponent' otherwise the mark ends. Kazz has 4 handaxes, so two more to throw, but not sure if he can use Divine Challenge. He can't use any of his other powers with ranged attacks.

Pinotage

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I still need to sort out my gear... I should have a crossbow, and some idea of how many daggers I have left. :confused:

I also don't come in here often enough. :-S

Herobizkit

Adventurer
@Goonalan : I'm not familiar with line-of-sight rules. I want to send Mardred to N-93 and use Stealth to hide (ideally to let the wolves pass by and come up from behind, getting me into Flanking position). Do my allies count as concealment for this purpose?

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
I still need to sort out my gear... I should have a crossbow, and some idea of how many daggers I have left. :confused:

I also don't come in here often enough. :-S

I also like the idea of a crossbow but the essentials version of the Rogue only allows for +2 damage (which you are getting now with your daggers and shortbow) for hand crossbows (not any other crossbow).

Therefore the best to hit weapon for the essentials rogue to throw is a Dagger. +6 To Hit 1d4+5 damage

The best damage weapon is a Short Bow. +5 To Hit 1d8+5 damage

Hand Crossbow meanwhile +5 To Hit 1d6+5 damage.

How many daggers have you got left- why not say 8.

Here's the thing, Mike isn't coming back- clearly, so Mardred is yours if you'll have him- what I suggest is you get himk to level 2, and after this fight you're going to on the way to two/thirds there, then when you hit Level 2 we'll remake Mardred in your image. A rogue still but total revamp from the beginning...

If you like yo can go with the original Rogue which is wayyyyyyy better and has some devestating Daily Powers- Blinding Barrage, and much better To Hit rolls...

What do you think?

Cheers Goonalan

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
@Goonalan : I'm not familiar with line-of-sight rules. I want to send Mardred to N-93 and use Stealth to hide (ideally to let the wolves pass by and come up from behind, getting me into Flanking position). Do my allies count as concealment for this purpose?

Sort of, the problem is you're throwing in to combat and the wolves may not know where you are but the Goblin Underboss has certainly seen you- remember I said as much when you hit him with your dagger.

Guess who controls the Wolves... that's right.

I know what you want to do and it must be really frustrating but the only chance you have is move (stealthily) to N93 and stay hidden- which is pretty improbable. Even then how do you get in to flank, because the wolves are going to move up all together... If you ready an action then you can only do one thing- so you can't move and then attack- unless you call it a charge when you have to move at least 2 squares.

The other problem is I think your comrades want to use N93 to get three across, they don't want to let the wolves go by- they want to hold them there... I think.

Really the only way is to let the Wolves in to the first chamber and when they spread out just use Ambush Strike and Thrown Dagger... I think the essentials build Thief you've got is a crap build, particularly in comparison with the regular build. Obviously it gets much better as you go up levels but...

I think you should just do what you can, and come to this place and ask your friends to help out.

Cheers PDR

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases