Terra Subterranea and The Caverns of Lost Time

ajanders

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
"How many are in the Wendigo Mountains? Probably none?" Aya replies with a hint of dry humour, "I guess the Lesser ones aren't so dangerous--it seems like Eternity could probably take care of one on her own. The big trouble is that I've read they are just as likely to hunt in family groups, and that could quickly become overwhelming."

"And I thought they got their name by being absolutely overrun with large fluffy pink bunnies."

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Using the Dwimmerstone, Michael blocks off much of the entrance to the cavern, and then the group gets back to sleep.*

(OOC: Healing the injured more or just letting them heal naturally? It only really matters for spells available the next day)

"That's good thinking. Can you do that every day or do we need to start preparing Rope Trick?"

ajanders

Explorer
"Sela grants me only so much power in a day." Michael replies.
"And she has not yet granted me the full power of the Dwimmerstone."

He pauses a moment, bowing his head reverently.

"In brief, yes. But probably not that and healing and creating food and doing much in a fight."

He smiles dourly and speaks more quietly. "Your counselor Lenton has too much faith in me, but I will see this done or die trying. Just run if you see any three-headed bird demons."

He pauses a moment, counting on his fingers.
"We should be allright tonight unless the thing had a big brother. If it does, there will likely be little I can do to help."

Michael converts three unused second level spells to cures, first on Zack, then Eternity. His goal is to get them to full hitpoints after a night's rest, so he won't fully heal them now. In the morning then, everyone should be at pretty near full. He'll use first level spells if the second ones don't cover all the damage, and likely they won't.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: E is down 25, Zack down 53, so...all 3 CMW on Zack and he heals 44, missing 9. Two CLW cures 17, so E is down 8. A night's rest will remove much of that)

"I see. I see. Andric Lenton. He's a newcomer, so can't say I know him too well. Seems a bit naive and trusting though, I dare say. Nice Haste, by the way, Opale--it let us all get out to save Zack with enough speed. We should compare notes on magics that influence speed. I'm convinced that there must be a yet-more efficient way than the one we currently use. In any case, we had best prepare for the worst. Who here is the most likely to be able to spot and/or endure a surprise attack? We may want to send one or two of you out ahead on my Phantom Steeds, which are slightly faster than Opale's, so you can scout ahead and make sure we don't run into some sort of ambush. If we know it's coming, with our greater speed, we should be able to outrun anything short of a dragon..." Aya frowns wryly and adds, "And I hope I didn't just jinx us there."

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Before I forget, here's the substantially overgenerous XP award that I am required to give for defeating that monster--

Level 5: 1285
Level 6: 1028
Level 7: 900
Level 8: 685

So apparently if Eternity kills two of these alone (theoretically possible I suppose), she levels. Ah WotC, you rascals)

Velmont

First Post
"Well, thanks, it is the first time I use it myself. But I must admit I didn't though about all the advantages of that spell in this situation, I was too sleepy for that. It will be a nice thing to remember." tells Opale. "A rope trick might still be good to keep. If we have a bad day and finish we need ot heal, it will allow us to rest safely."

OOC: Michael could use some Orison and convert them into cure minor wound to fully heals the few damages left on Zack and Eternity.

B4cchus

Explorer
"That was a big one!" Hulgyr mubles to nobody in particular while he stares at the charred body of the slain beast. Then he shrugs and returns to the rest.

ajanders

Explorer
Velmont said:
"Well, thanks, it is the first time I use it myself. But I must admit I didn't though about all the advantages of that spell in this situation, I was too sleepy for that. It will be a nice thing to remember." tells Opale. "A rope trick might still be good to keep. If we have a bad day and finish we need ot heal, it will allow us to rest safely."

OOC: Michael could use some Orison and convert them into cure minor wound to fully heals the few damages left on Zack and Eternity.

I'm not sure this will count as a restful night, but I will remain optimistic until dawn. Maybe even later.
Dumping Michael's orisons only generates about 4-5 points of healing. If something else shows up, we may need those for stabilizations and light.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Hmm I think I might have over done it there." says Eternity looking at the ash before heading inside. "Thank you again for Sela's healing, Michael."

Dalamar

Adventurer
Zack wakes up just in time to brace himself for the fall to the snow. Shaking off the snow he gets up and thanks the cleric for saving his life.
"Next time I'm waking up everybody," he notes to no-one in particular.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases