D&D 5E Background Page from PH(B)

Thaumaturge

Wandering. Not lost. (He/they)
Wizards_DnD_2014-Jul-15.jpg

At first blush this looks like the page from 5B with art. Anyone notice differences?

Thaumaturge.

Tovec

Explorer
At first blush this looks like the page from 5B with art. Anyone notice differences?

Thaumaturge.

Differences in the art compared to what?

What am I looking for?

I like the page layout and formatting more than the Basic rules. I noticed that. At the moment I'm not delving too deeply into this piecemeal crap we're being handed so it might be something I'm overlooking.

Do you mean the man in the armor? What about him?

Thaumaturge

What am I looking for?

I like the page layout and formatting more than the Basic rules. I noticed that. At the moment I'm not delving too deeply into this piecemeal crap we're being handed so it might be something I'm overlooking.

Sorry. I should have been more clear.

This looks like the text from the 5B background section. Does anyone notice any difference in the text? The art is new, of course, but are there any textual differences?

I, too, am excited for the day when we finally have the PH(B) in totality.

And this is a cool looking Lathandarian cleric. Can someone place him from the novels?

Thaumaturge.

am181d

Adventurer

What am I looking for?

He's asking if there are differences BESIDES the art. I am guessing that there are not. WotC has previously confirmed that all Basic rules come from the completed PHB.

Agamon

Adventurer
A lot of the rules bits in Basic were said to be cut/paste from the PH. So no surprise that there's no differences.

Ichneumon

First Post
I was never any good at those Spot the Difference puzzles, but I'm confident that page has identical text to the 5B section.

But it's just a prelude to upcoming Background previews. They should show something new.

Thaumaturge

Agreed, Ichneumon. Last week was "races week". This lets us know this week is "backgrounds" week.

And last week started off with the dwarves page that was the same as the page in 5B. So we, likely, have the pattern for the next couple of weeks.

Thaumaturge.

Remove ads