D&D 5E Upcoming Products, Interesting

jodyjohnson

Adventurer
Adventure Handbook sounds like the first splat/options upgrade. 7 long months after the PHB.

Princes of the Apocalypse sounds like the Spring AP. I would buy an Xbox One and Neverwinter to play that as a computer game and at the table.

The next AP is supposed to come out in March with ToD officially wrapped up March 11.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Princes of the Apocalypse is a great title. I will have a different campaign under way at that point...but that doesn't stop me from using it later.

Adventure Handbook (which could be a placeholder, these can change) sounds like a general splat. sort of a PHB II/UA, which is an interesting approach. Of course, for all we know, it could be a strategy guide, or even something like the dragon book they did for a general audience.

Thaumaturge

Wandering. Not lost. (He/they)
The prices, if accurate, are interesting, too.

Princes is the same price as the core three. The Adventurer's Handbook is $40, which is less than the core three, but more than anything else.

Hoard of the Dragon Queen is $30, by comparison.

Thaumaturge.

Neat find! I agree Princes of Darkness sounds like it might be another Adventure Path...but what if it's a Monster Manual just for Archdevils, Demon Princes, and evil deities and their followers? :lol:

Adventurer's Handbook, eh? That could be anything! (I recall the days when a 3.5E book called "Magic Incarnate" was spoiled and the rampant speculation about what it would contain.... Eventually the title changed to "Magic of Incarnum", and our speculation turned out to be entirely off-base.)

EDIT: D'oh, I crit-failed my reading check. That should say "Princes of the Apocalypse" instead of Princes of Darkness. Consequently my speculation about it is also flawed...although the archdevil/demon prince monster manual would be cool. (Maybe they'll just be in the normal Monster Manual!)

Last edited:

Remove ads