Tomorrow (Friday) I'll be in London for the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary celebration at The ExCel; it's all-day, so I won't be able to post any news or answer any emails. Things will return to normal on Monday, but I'll try to post a news update over the weekend if anything comes up. Most of today's news is about boardgames, IOS apps and dice games.
In the meantime, I have a little request. On the dark (Eric Noah's Half Fiend Love Child) style of this site - which you can see by hitting the "Switch Style" button at the top right - there's an old 3E-related recurring background image
. I need an updated version which reflects the current subjects of EN World - similar style, but acknowledging that its been 10 years since this was a 3E-only website! If any out there would be so kind as to whip up a new one for me, I'd be most grateful! You can shoot it over to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Thanks so much! (Even better, if possible, a version for the white background also might be very cool!)
13th Age News
Pelgrane Press has sent along an exclusive preview of the 13th Age Bestiary
! The book will be a 220-page hardcover book
in early 2014, and the preview highlights the Naga: "Naga aren’t unreasoning monsters. They generally have perfectly sound reasons for wanting intruders dead. Interactions where they’re willing to talk with twolegged mortals are also troubled by the fact that the nagas’ arrogance and condescension mean you will soon want them dead."
It's quite the extensive preview - 8 gorgeous full-colour pages detailing various naga types - the Swaysong Naga, Sparkscale Naga, Manafang Naga, Elder Swaysong Naga, Elder Sparkscale Naga, Elder Manafang Naga, and nastier specials, background information, adventure hooks, and more. Click on the image below to check it out! [9 comments]
Also coming soon are Shards of the Broken Sky
("a sandbox adventure for 13th Age centers on the crash of one of the Archmage’s flying realms"
) and Eyes of the Stone Thief
("The Stone Thief is an old and cunning Living Dungeon. For unknown ages, it has slithered through the Underworld, rising to consume towers and cities or other, lesser dungeons. Now, it has your scent. It swims through the earth, eager to steal everything you cherish, eager to drag you down into its hellish labyrinth.
") You can also check back at my preview of the Redcap from the Bestiary
which Pelgrane sent along back in July.
Dungeons & Dragons News
- Winter is Coming -- Duke Torlin Silvershield has been outed as the Chosen of Bhaal and defeated. There was much death, and the God of Murder grew fat on the tribute, but for now the heroes have returned Baldur’s Gate to its normal level of controlled chaos... yet the trials and troubles of the Sundering are only beginning.
- Rulebook: Lords of Waterdeep -- The Lords of Waterdeep all have the safety of their city at heart, but each one is also laying his or her own plans. But who are these Lords? In today’s article, we examine two of these central figures—especially famous for their careers in the Undermountain.
- Lords of Waterdeep is out on iOS today for $6.99.Critical Hits has already reviewed it.
- Zach Howard has a scan of John Eric Holmes' original manuscript submitted to TSR of the Holmes Basic Dungeons & Dragons set. "I now have in my 'hands' a scan of The Holmes Manuscript, which is what I am calling the manuscript for the Holmes Basic rulebook that J. Eric Holmes sent to TSR. I plan to blog my way through the manuscript, comparing it with the published version. Above is a teaser: the sketch of the Sample Dungeon map from the manuscript. As you can see, it's very similar to the published version, but with some small differences."
- Pathfinder Dice Arena is [a Kickstarter for] a dice rolling game of tournament competition featuring heroes from the best-selling Pathfinder RPG.