Carrion Crown AP (The Deadwatchers) - IC

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"I am not as able as most of these others. I might mess things up, being smaller and not as strong. If you stronger ones don't mind making up for my lack of strength, then I would like to help."

Bella awaits the response, wondering if these others would shun her and her heritage. Her face is soft, delicate; in sharp contrast to the two horns protruding from her hairline. She knows what to expect, and prepares for the responses and gawking. Her usual mischievousness is replaced by the fact that she had not had to undertake this type of procession. This was all new to her...

ghostcat

First Post
Piedra deliberately looks up at the others and says "I'd like to help. But I'm a bit short and will make it lop-sided. That would look stupid. Perhaps I should just walk at the side or in front or somewhere."

Shayuri

First Post
"I'll help," Triessa offers. "I'm not strong, but with so many others helping, I can manage."

She takes a deep breath and walks to the far corner of the coffin.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
5553296472_5d8ec6a763.jpg

With Valanar and Triessa in the front and Elthos and Bella in the back it is no problem to lift the coffin out of the cart and follow Kendra and Piedra into The Restlands.

The winding gravel path is covered in a slight mist and the only sounds are boots on stones. After only a few minutes Kendra stops and everyone sees ahead of her a group of about a dozen men blocking the path.

They look like locals by their garb, some might even be farmhands by the look of them.

"That's far enough," an older man ,with long sideburns coming down across his cheeks, says crossing his arms. "We been talking, and we don't want Lorrimor buried in the Restlands. You can take him upriver and bury him there if you want, but he ain't goin' in the ground here!"

Kendra is swift to respond, her sadness swiftly transforming into anger. "What are you talking about?" she cries out...

[sblock=OOC] Pause for PC reaction/actions. Post up even if you just want me to know your character is just watching for now. Once everyone posts I will continue on.[/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Turning her gaze to the self proclaimed speaker of the group, Bella gives him a wary glance. She was tired, sore, and it had been a long and arduous road. This man was NOT going to stop them from laying their friend to rest. She thinks back on anything she would know about the Restlands... "Yes, answer her..."

[sblock=Actions] Evil Eye Hex - 30' from line of sight, DC 15 Will Save, if failed, cause -2 penalty to all Skill Checks for 7 rounds.

Knowledge +8 Checks will be rolled to learn about the Restlands.[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Elthos had already opened his mouth to ask a question when he felt Bella's stare turn icy cold. He shivered unconsciously. What in the world?! However, the moment past as quickly as it had begun.

Elthos looked to the older man again and asks "Surly, there must be some mistake? What would the professor due that is so horrible that giving him a proper burial is denied?

Cyansylph

First Post
Valanar shifts his weight beneath the coffin; ready to lower it quickly if needed. Dwelling for a second on Elthos question, he wonders if this is not just pale religious superstition on the part of the rabble.

Focusing on the small mob, he ponders their intent and sets his piercing gaze upon the leader.
[sblock=Actions]Knowledge Religion check
Sense Evil on the leader and his 2 closest companions.[/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
Piedra is studying the peasants and so cannot see what is happening behind him. Never-the-less, gone are the days when he will take crap from anyone. So he unships his, big, axe, starts testing the edge with his thumb and checking the balance.

[sblock=Action]Attempt to intimidate the villagers (untrained, -1 Cha)

Piedra is a pussy cat. [/sblock]

Remove ads