Insight's Secret Wars - Issue #1 (IC)

Insight

Adventurer
The flying folks don't see anything unusual... except Optic

[sblock=Optic]In the far FAR distance, you see a shimmering glint of metal. Something BIG. And it's flying. Towards your position.

At this distance, you're not quite sure what it is. Could be some sort of vessel. It is not traveling very fast. It's hard to tell HOW big this thing is, but it's probably a football field wide. At least.[/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
Blitz

blitzavatar.png

“I wonder where the others are, but they should be here shortly,” Blitz says.

“Guess it was a little farther than I though. I sometimes have a hard time judging distances. It all seems pretty close to me.”

Jemal

Adventurer
"When we arrive and land, we should inform them to take cover. There is a large metalic object flying towards us at relatively low to moderate speeds. I will have to wait for it to get closer for further analysis, but it would be prudent to assume that it or its crew have negative intentions."

Optic keeps watching until they land.

Walking Dad

First Post

"I agree with your analysis, Optic.
Prepare for landing."

[sblock=OOC]
The Visitor

I don't want to jump to far ahead. Insight, are we able to reach the other group without an incident?

---

Conditions: -
Active Array: Invulnerability
Hero Points: 1

OFFENSE
INITIATIVE +2
Eye Beam +10 Ranged, Damage 9
Unarmed +10 Close, Damage 10

DEFENSE

DODGE 6 FORTITUDE 10
PARRY 6 TOUGHNESS 14
WILL 8

[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
On hearing Optic's warning, Echo began scanning radio frequencies again. She slowed as the refugees came into view and got steadily larger. Sparks of static electricity flickered between the coils of her maglev units and the ground as she got closer, like tiny, intense bursts of lightning. Finally she touched down and the blue glow faded as the coils folded up and slid back into their housings.

"I'm friendly," she announced. "We just want to talk to the people who are helping you."

jkason

First Post
Galen Knight, Nightengale

Galen swooped in behind the others, landing softly and turning his hearing to help track the approaching ship even as the group began interacting with the refugees and nuclear heroes.

Jemal

Adventurer
As they join the party, Optic turns his attention to the burn marks on the villagers, scanning and comparing them, hoping there may be some trace radiation still left.

[sblock=ooc]
29 Science check.. Could I get a circumstance bonus for running what I see through the computer-like super-scientist minds of my allies? (AKA Aid Another?)
[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
"When we arrive and land, we should inform them to take cover. There is a large metalic object flying towards us at relatively low to moderate speeds. I will have to wait for it to get closer for further analysis, but it would be prudent to assume that it or its crew have negative intentions."

Optic keeps watching until they land.

"I agree with your analysis, Optic.
Prepare for landing."

[sblock=OOC]
The Visitor

I don't want to jump to far ahead. Insight, are we able to reach the other group without an incident?[/sblock]

On hearing Optic's warning, Echo began scanning radio frequencies again. She slowed as the refugees came into view and got steadily larger. Sparks of static electricity flickered between the coils of her maglev units and the ground as she got closer, like tiny, intense bursts of lightning. Finally she touched down and the blue glow faded as the coils folded up and slid back into their housings.

"I'm friendly," she announced. "We just want to talk to the people who are helping you."

Galen swooped in behind the others, landing softly and turning his hearing to help track the approaching ship even as the group began interacting with the refugees and nuclear heroes.

The flying heroes land without incident. By the time Forever Freedom is back together - with the refugees and the Atomic League - everyone assembled can see this flying object.

The first thing you all notice is the ship's size. The vessel is HUMUNGOUS - it has to be a good 100 - 120yds wide and maybe about that distance long. The ship is shaped vaguely like a manta ray - larger in the "front" and tapering off towards the "rear". The entire ship is clad in metallic silver and reflects a good deal of light from this surface. The sheen of light reflected from the ship's metal skin would be enough to blind anyone close enough to the flying vehicle.

"What the heck --" is all Core, leader of the Atomic League, can manage.

The refugees can do little more than stare at the giant metal "god" flying through the sky. They babble incoherently to each other, but do not directly address any of you right now.

As they join the party, Optic turns his attention to the burn marks on the villagers, scanning and comparing them, hoping there may be some trace radiation still left.

[sblock=ooc]
29 Science check.. Could I get a circumstance bonus for running what I see through the computer-like super-scientist minds of my allies? (AKA Aid Another?)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Optic]Optic determines that the villagers were burned by radiation. This appears to be "cosmic radiation" and not something likely produced locally on this planet. Optic thinks that the villagers were either targeted by some sort of weapon that uses cosmic radiation or perhaps some sort of strange sunspot or solar flare sort of activity.

BTW, I don't see any powers listed on Optic's character sheet that would enable him to use other people's vision.

This is what is listed for powers -
Powers: 53
Enhanced Metabolism: Speed 1, Quickness 1, Imp. Init - 3pp
Eye Blast: Damage 7, Ranged (Precise, Accurate) - 16 pp
Super Sight: Analytical 2(All sight), Extended 2(x100), Rapid(x10), Tracking, Infravision, Darkvision(2)*Noticeable=1*, Microscopic Vision 3(DNA)*Noticeable, Distracting=1*, Penetrates Concealment(4: Xray vision)*Noticeable, Distracting=1* - 10 pp

Super Suit/Visor(Removable): Protection 7(7), Enhanced Fort+7(7), Immunity: Visual afflictions(2), Enhanced Blast 3: Accurate(7), Senses: Radio(1), Enhanced Sight: Counters Concealment(2), Features: Enhanced Assessment+8(2), Record/Playback(1), Insulation(1)- 24pp
[/sblock]

You would guess that the ship is a good mile away from your position horizontally and maybe half a mile off the ground. You do not see any windows or other openings in the metal exterior, nor do you see any weapons deployed.

Thanee

First Post
Blitz

blitzavatar.png

“Hmm...” is all Blitz can say to that for the moment.

“Any ideas? Or shall we call this another 'wait and see what happens' moment? On second thought, could this be related to the radiation burns?”

Walking Dad

First Post

"Could be, but I'm not sure what we could do at the moment.
Anyone of you sensing something new or illuminating?."

[sblock=OOC]
The Visitor

---

Conditions: -
Active Array: Invulnerability
Hero Points: 1

OFFENSE
INITIATIVE +2
Eye Beam +10 Ranged, Damage 9
Unarmed +10 Close, Damage 10

DEFENSE