Early Enrollment for PATHFINDER Online Opens Today!

You can now sign up for early enrollment for Pathfinder Online! For $100 you get three months of play and various early enroller perks; plus you get in before the Open Enrollment starts in 2016 and get to establish settlements and be part of the growing economy. "The River Kingdoms are being crowdforged by the first players in the world. This is a chance to shape the world you will inhabit."

button_store_early_de.jpg

Grimstaff

Explorer
Is this the most expensive MMORPG ever? Curious what this will offer for that priceline, the look I got at a map of the playing area was pretty uninspiring. Like a big green square with uniformly-shaped villages scattered around. Maybe I was looking at the wrong thing?

maimonidesvii

First Post
So... One would assume the game would normally cost some money, let's assume $60. Most MMO's include the first month as part of that.

So for pre-ordering and supporting this game early, it's $20 per month? I get there's a "Player Pack Consumables" and the ability to help build the world, but normally giving someone money a year in advance gives some kind of discount.

Evenglare

Adventurer
Gotta pass on this one. I love my MMOs but man the world looks bland, it certainly doesn't feel like pathfinder to me. It feels like... like an old everquest clone or something, very amateurish. I suppose some of those in the player base might find it interesting, but not me, especially for the price being asked. I'm out.

turkeygiant

First Post
Too pricey for me, but really not out of line with the "premium" packages you see for a lot of MMO's at launch, they're just not the type of package I personally buy in at.

Warunsun

First Post
$100 is pretty typical for Premium packages in Micro-transaction games now-a-days. The last expansion for EQ3 had a digital special edition for $80 which gave not much more than the regular version. Looking around on their site I can't seem to find system requirements for the game or even a good description of it.

Warunsun

First Post
I don't play MMORPG's, but $100 for 3 months play seems very expensive to me.
This is a micro-transaction game I believe. I think it will cost a chunk of real money to really get into it. For example on their Shop page you can buy in-game property for $100 or $200 a chunk. That seems very high. So $100 to start is nothing compared to other costs apparently. I haven't played it so I am not sure if you can gain the property through normal leveling or questing like in EQ2. But vanity properties are available in EQ2 for much cheaper prices in the Station Cash shop. I would be willing to be that if you liked the game you could put a decent amount of disposable cash into it spending far more than $100 in 3 months.

turkeygiant

First Post
I don't play MMORPG's, but $100 for 3 months play seems very expensive to me.

Don't think of it as just $100 to play the game for three months, there are a lot of people who want the prestige of being the first to play the game, or having special items and crests that only come with the package. It's like a special edition for the people who are really invested in the game, I don't personally think they are worth it, but somebody must be paying out because MMOs keep on offering them.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases