Sean's Picks of the Week (0713-0717) - Fate, Savage Worlds, AGE, Indie Games!

A couple of gems from the mines you may not normally look in, plus the core rules for that Wil Wheaton thing everyone's talking about...

Part-Time Gods of Fate

It’s kind of a perfect fit, really, and Eloy Lasanta nailed the title in one take, so to speak.

You’ve been gifted with the spark of divinity. Will you give into the power and leave your mortal life behind? Or will you lead a double life and protect those closest to you? Choose wisely – You only have one soul. Part-Time Gods of Fate is a roleplaying game where players take the role of ordinary people imbued with the powers of a god. Balancing one’s mortal and divine lives can be tricky, and divine responsibility doesn’t always pay the rent.

Now Powered by Fate Core!

This is the final version for the conversion of Part-Time Gods to the Fate Core system, bringing you this unique setting with the rules system you know and love. Contains new rules like Territory Creation, Worshippers and Relics, and more! (Previously available as a Beta).

Tabletop Adventures Sale

Naming things. Describing things. Defeating things of untold horror. These and many other needs can be met by grabbing stuff from Tabletop Adventures, and they’re celebrating their 11th birthday by giving you 25% off everything they make and sell. You’ve got to the 22nd of July to take advantage.

Take this opportunity to check out our books of fantasy descriptions: the Bits of Darkness (Dungeons, Caverns and Dungeons II); Bits of the Wilderness (Into the Wildwood, Into the Swamp, Into the Open, and Into the Mountains); the city descriptions in Bits of the Boulevard; Shards of the Heart, our book of creative NPCs; and the Bits of Magicka series of unique magical items (Mystic Writings,Rings and Jewels, and Pocket Items).

If something modern is more in your line, try Against the Darkness, a Vatican horror game. Be one of the few with the power to defend an unknowing humanity against legendary terrors! Already have a favorite horror RPG? Take a look at Halls of Horror, for descriptions to use in any “spooky house.”

For Future settings, see our Destinations products – your gateway to the universe, providing flexible, creative, stat-free settings that you can use to bring life and adventure to virtually any game system. You can also get Into the Future: Derelict Starships, to help make any dead spaceship more lively.

Also included is TTA’s line of unique “on the fly” naming products, the Deck O’ Names. Four different sets are available as both card decks and software, to suit different needs. The original Deck O’ Names provides unusual but reasonable names for fantasy or futuristic characters. Anglo Saxon Places can be used to name towns and other land features and the card version includes runes for an authentic touch. The Modern deck gives a wide variety of ethnic names for present-day RPGs, or futuristic ones that use similar naming conventions. Deck O’ Names: Japanese provides realistic names for Japanese fantasy or anime games, plus additional cultural material such as lucky (or unlucky) names.

Tabletop Adventures has resources for GMs or players, and support for nearly any fantasy system as well as modern and science-fiction games. Celebrate our anniversary by buying yourself a present!

Tabletop Adventures: Whatever you play, we’ve got your back.

Escape from the Lazurite Mines

My dear friend, Sheena Colbath (the fantastic human at the heart of the most excellent ChupacabraCon), enters the world of professional game writing and design with her adventure, Escape from the Lazurite Mines. She’s also one of the folks who helped design the new Universal Pool System for D3 Games. Welcome to the club, Sheena!

Goryn has suffered from bandits for too long. Baron Kridlare has had enough! But when his own soldiers fight a much fiercer and more organized group of bandits, they need help. The party arrives and heads to the heart of the problem, the village of Dustra. Can they stop the most recent illegal activity and find the leader of this group?

Utilizing the new Universal Pool System by D3 Adventures, your gaming group will embark on a new adventure. This includes five heroes with complete character sheets and quick start rules for the Universal Pool System. It is time to grab your dice and seek glory in an easy to learn and fun to play game system!

Frozen Skies Setting Primer

Another day to point out something that may not otherwise make it on your radar. There are precious few examples of what I would call “dieselpunk” settings and content for RPGs, so this project deserves a look for you Savage Worlds fans. Anyone else interested in the genre, for that matter.

Alyeska.

A frontier land largely at the mercy of the savage Wulvers since the end of the Great Darmonican War, barely enough soldiers left to defend the rump of the Commonwealth’s once extensive colonial holdings. With many towns cut off and large swathes of territory overrun by the beasts the safest form of transport is by air, but the breakdown in law and order as given rise to scoundrels like sky pirates and bandits.

Alyeska’s frozen skies are increasingly becoming a dangerous place to be.

This primer gives an overview of heart of the Frozen Skies setting; The Continent of Alyeska. In addition it offers a brief guide to the Commonwealth and its main factions in Alyeska, Wulvers and their stats along with a selection of gear to allow you to start playing in the Frozen Skies setting.

Fantasy AGE Basic Rulebook

If you’ve not been watching Wil Wheaton’s Geek and Sundry web series, you’ve been missing out on one of the biggest and coolest things happening in our hobby. Big kudos to Chris Pramas, Nicole Lindroos, and the rest of the Green Ronin team for a great game and a great achievement in geek history.

The Fantasy AGE Basic Rulebook is your entry point to tabletop roleplaying. Now you can be the hero in your own sword and sorcery adventures!

This is the game played on Wil Wheaton’s new tabletop RPG show, Titansgrave: The Ashes of Valkana.

The Adventure Game Engine (AGE) rules are easy to learn, and feature an innovative stunt system that keeps the action tense and exciting. This Basic Rulebook includes full 20 level advancement for all three classes, a new magic system, advice for players and GMs, and an introductory adventure so you can get started right away. You can use Fantasy AGE to run adventures in the campaign setting of your choice or a world of your own creation. A new AGE is upon us!

~~~~~

Tonight, it's a return to the Modern Gods supers game I've been running, featuring that Ultimate Edition of the Prowlers & Paragons rules I've been working on with original creator Leonard Pimentel. We're precariously close to a final edition, so now we just have to figure out a publishing scheme, both for the rules and for my settings.

Oh, did I not mention I've finished the first draft of that Savage Rifts thing I've been working on? First draft, that is, for the Players Guide. Still many more books to write for that...

Tomorrow, I am... oddly open. Should be interesting to see what I get into.

Sunday has me off playing some laser tag with friends at what is supposed to be a killer site. Sunday evening, my second session for that world building class I am teaching at local game store Total Escape Games.

Hope you all have an interesting weekend ahead, because, as always...

The Adventure Continues!

~SPF

Desh-Rae-Halra

Explorer
Thanks.
Seriously Savage Rifts is a buy Sight unseen. I dont think there is a game I am more excited for. I always loved Rifts, but could not sell the system to anyone. I think the Savage Worlds engine sets that right, and hopefully with enough success, we could see Savage Heroes Unlimited, Savage Nightbane, Savage Ninjas and Superspies, etc.

PEG_Games

Villager
Right now we're just focussing on Savage Rifts, we'll see where it goes from there. We already have a lot of other irons in the fire including some exciting announcements coming out of the Pinnacle seminar at Gen Con where we'll of course discuss Savage Rifts as well.

A

amerigoV

Right now we're just focussing on Savage Rifts, we'll see where it goes from there. We already have a lot of other irons in the fire including some exciting announcements coming out of the Pinnacle seminar at Gen Con where we'll of course discuss Savage Rifts as well.

I think I am going to have to switch back to D&D. I just cannot keep up with all the awesome PEG and friends keep releasing.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases