Perkins' Foreword From OUT OF THE ABYSS

WotC's Chris Perkins on the Alice in Wonderland themes of D&D 5th Edition's Rage of Demon's Out of the Abyss by Green Ronin Publishing.

WotC's Chris Perkins on the Alice in Wonderland themes of D&D 5th Edition's Rage of Demon's Out of the Abyss by Green Ronin Publishing.

image.jpg

God

Adventurer
They got too much Drizzit on it for me. I'm tempted to pick it up to repurpose, but that Mary Sue juice is hard to wash off.

SavageCole

Punk Rock Warlord
Hmmm. "A Red and Pleasant Land" riffed hard and well on the Alice in Wonderland theme several months ago. I'm excited for this adventure, but am already rolling my initiative for the moment Drizz't pops up. I kid, but I really do hope we see less than little of him in the story.

Fildrigar

Explorer
Why do y'all think Drizzt is going to be in the adventure? AFAIK, he's only going to be in a couple of novels coming out around the adventure.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
They got too much Drizzit on it for me.

How much Drizzit do you think they got on it?

Why do y'all think Drizzt is going to be in the adventure? AFAIK, he's only going to be in a couple of novels coming out around the adventure.

Yeah, he's in the novels and the video games, but he's just a background detail in the tabletop RPG.

Last edited by a moderator:

guachi

Hero
I wish I could get excited about anything set in the Forgotten Realms as it's all we've been getting.

But I just can't. The most I can muster is "I hope others like it so they make something else I might like."

AntiStateQuixote

Enemy of the State
Loving 5e. I've home-brewed most of my stuff so far (with a handful of on-the-fly conversion of 1e AD&D modules). One of my fellow DMs ran Phandelver from the Basic Set, and that was fantastic.

Tyranny of Dragons did nothing for me. Never bought it. Just didn't grab me.

I almost bought in on Princes of the Apocalypse, but held back. Maybe I'll pick it up some day. Somehow I just don't feel like telling that story.

Rage of Demons sounds freaking GREAT! I'm really looking forward to this one and will buy Out of the Abyss day one at my FLGS.

Remove ads

Remove ads