OUT OF THE ABYSS Trends At 82%

Out of the Abyss released earlier this week (having been available to preferred stores for a couple of week prior to that), and lots of people have bought and devoured it. The ratings are starting to come in, and the adventure is currently hovering around the 82% mark. By contrast, Princes of the Apocalypse has a solid 91.5%, while the two Tyranny of Dragons adventures have 53% and 75%, respectively.

I've updated my D&D Release Schedules page and marked it as available. Next up will be:

• Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide (Nov 3, 2015; hardcover setting sourcebook; $39.95) -- "Get everything you need to adventure in the Forgotten Realms on the exciting Sword Coast, home to the cities of Baldur’s Gate, Waterdeep, and Neverwinter! A collaboration between Green Ronin Publishing and the Dungeons & Dragons team at Wizards of the Coast."
  • Unnamed Storyline(s) -- "Allusions to a giants based story influenced by a Shakespearean play"
  • Unnamed Storyline(s) -- "Froghemoths & Flail Snails - Oh My! Chris Perkins' New Adventure Sneak Peek"

outoftheabyss.jpg

adventures_enworld.jpg

wadeithan

Villager
When I click on a link for the ENWorld review of OotA, it always takes me to the previous post about the adventure's trending score. Am I the only one?

Quatermane

First Post
I want to buy the OotA, but at the moment I am still going through content from the PotA. ;-)

I might buy OotA for my Fantasy Grounds app just to get the free Adventurers League module offer that is currently taking place in the FG online store.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Technically that is still a valid review.

Absolutely true.

I'm still going through reading it, but I only have good things to say so far. It's hard to get used to presntation after being used to the top-notch AP support from PIzo's APs (not meant as a dig; WotC has a lot less space to work with in the product compared to the 600+ pages Paizo devotes to same) however, I' really liking the format of the exploration, strategic combat encounters, and possibilities for interaction with the NPCs. My biggest compliant so far is what feels like a "cutting-room floor" problem, some things I'd have loved to see more developed feel a little clipped.

Hussar

Legend
I think, so far, after reading the reviews, the worst thing said about it is that it will require a fair bit of DM prep-work. Well, that's understandable in a sandboxy style campaign. Linear is easy, but, sandbox takes a lot more work.

And, 85 is still a pretty good score.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases