PATHFINDER COMBAT PAD Returns

I bought one of these years ago, back when they were called "GameMastery Combat Pads" (or something similar), and out of all the accessories I've ever bought outside of dice, I think this item has seen the most use. It's a magnetic pad used to track initiative; I've used it for D&D and Pathfinder, and any game with an initiative mechanic will benefit from it. The pad itself and the magnetic counters are all dry-erase, so you simply write PC and monster names on them along with their initiative rolls, and rearrange as appropriate. Generally, in my group, one of the players is designated as the initiative tracker so that the GM has one less thing to do. Anyhow, I didn't realise it had gone away - but now it's back in the Paizo store. If you don't have one, I recommend picking one up; they're $24.99, but they'll last you years.

Shout out to all the European fans! Is there a way to get this without having to buy them in the States? Shipping + taxes are a killer... Our shops in Belgium don't have this kind of accessiories...

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
Shout out to all the European fans! Is there a way to get this without having to buy them in the States? Shipping + taxes are a killer... Our shops in Belgium don't have this kind of accessiories...

Well, some of our shops do carry it: f-shop. You only have to rack up an order of at least €80 to have them ship to your small kongdom. :confused: But then it's free...

Koloth

First Post
I think the original product came from Open Mind Games. Here is the link: http://www.openmindgames.com/omg_products.htm .

I have one of the OMG versions. My main complaint was the steel in the pad was a bit thin for the magnets to stick firmly. Solved that by buying a cheap steel dry erase board at a local office supply. Larger area to accommodate those Star Wars characters that were getting initiative rolls into the thirties plus storage space for the extra magnets so they didn't sneak off and hide. The buy now link goes back to the Paizo store but you can get an extra magnet pack for about $8 US. Guess Paizo is selling both versions.

We write the initiative # on each char's magnet. Makes it easier to move things around when something(s) join the battle mid-fight.

shadowva

First Post
Was about to buy it, but then Paizo wanted over $12 to just ship it. Guess I'll wait for it to hit amazon also, or get an app for it.

I grabbed one of these years ago. Great tool. I attach the player names to the tags by blutack, and the start of combat is just a quick matter of shouting out names and getting numbers in return. Whenever I've had to use other methods (i.e. I've forgotten to bring it) the start of combat is always delayed by a couple minutes as I try to cope without it. Would recommend. I got mine from a FLGS here in the UK, didn't know that they were no longer available.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases