Here's VIN DIESEL Playing That D&D Game!

Remember last week when Vin Diesel said he'd just played a game of D&D with the folks at The Nerdist and Geek and Sundry? Well, now you can watch that game! Or, at least, some of it in this 5-minute highlights video. The DM was Matt Mercer, and Vin Diesel was playing a Witch Hunter character. The other players were Dan Casey, Jessica Chobot, Laura Bailey, and Travis Willingham.
Remember last week when Vin Diesel said he'd just played a game of D&D with the folks at The Nerdist and Geek and Sundry? Well, now you can watch that game! Or, at least, some of it in this 5-minute highlights video. The DM was Matt Mercer, and Vin Diesel was playing a Witch Hunter character. The other players were Dan Casey, Jessica Chobot, Laura Bailey, and Travis Willingham.

[video=youtube;SlWt07l_pvI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlWt07l_pvI[/video]

Geek and Sundry is showing the full (extended) version. Vin Diesel, of course, is starring in a new movie called The Witch Hunter; his character in the movie is based on his D&D character.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
This post was generated by a news article which your device or browser is not displaying directly. You can view the article directly here.

"Doesn't matter what decade you're in, a critical is a critical."

Nice. :) Also solid ToTM narration!

Extended version:
[video=youtube;yLEMb_RIZ3o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLEMb_RIZ3o&feature=iv&src_vid=SlWt07l_pvI&annotation_id=annotation_4053255357[/video]

pdegan2814

First Post
Nicely done. That looks like it was a fun group of players and a great DM. This is how I DM in my head. :)

If you haven't watched it yet, I HIGHLY recommend watching the Critical Role series over on the Geek & Sundry website. He DM's that game as well, and Laura & Travis are from the show as well, they were playing scaled-back versions of their Critical Role characters in D&Diesel(when the show started everyone was at Level 9, I think they're just now getting to Level 12).

smiteworks

Explorer
If you haven't watched it yet, I HIGHLY recommend watching the Critical Role series over on the Geek & Sundry website. He DM's that game as well, and Laura & Travis are from the show as well, they were playing scaled-back versions of their Critical Role characters in D&Diesel(when the show started everyone was at Level 9, I think they're just now getting to Level 12).

Thanks for the tip. I started at Episode 1 and have it running on a second monitor while I work. This group is awesome. The voice acting is top notch... which I guess is something you'd expect with a group of mostly voice actors.

pdegan2814

First Post
Thanks for the tip. I started at Episode 1 and have it running on a second monitor while I work. This group is awesome. The voice acting is top notch... which I guess is something you'd expect with a group of mostly voice actors.

And the story gets INTENSE, watching the episodes live becomes a white-knuckle affair!

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
You can tell it's D&D because it took people about two minutes to decide how to approach the task of knocking on a door.

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Daddy
D&Diesel is HOT!!!

Okay, had to get that out of me. Now, where do I find that sweet DM Screen that Mercer is using?!?!

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
What kind of DM screen is Matt using? Chibi beat me to it :)
fun seeing Vin having fun playing D&D! Good ambassador to the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads

Remove ads