Sean's Picks of the Week (1026-1030) - Strange Origins, Zombie Supers, Dwarves, the Old West, and Ha

For much of the world, it's All Hallow's Eve (AKA Halloween AKA Samhain), which is the gateway to the Holiday Season. For Americans, this means places like Cracker Barrel have already begun pimping Christmas like it's a Kickstarter on its last days, and the battle strategies for Black Friday are well into the planning stages. It's kind of... you know what, never mind. Tonight and tomorrow, my clan is enmeshed in Halloween parties and celebrations, and we'll continue to embrace this as the geekiest holiday of all! Speaking of celebrating, check out the Halloween Sale among the Picks!

The Battle for Whistle Reach Junction

This just-in-time for Halloween adventure from Fabled Environments has a decidedly Deadlands kind of feel (and you could also use it in a Sixth Gun game just as easily). The ideal combination is the bundle that connects it to the map they designed for the setting.

The Battle for Whistle Reach Junction

It’s a well-known fact that evil men walk this earth; that foul beasts lurk just outside the light of the so called civilized world. Some even disguise themselves as part of the civilized world and walk in the light with the rest of us. What some folks don’t understand is that places, like people, can go bad too. Some places just see so much evil and soak up so much blood, that it gives birth to something heinous. Whistle Reach Junction is one of those places.

In this adventure, you take on the role of one of the people drawn to the town prior to its scheduled demolition. The town will not go gentle into that good night. In fact, if you don’t lay the town to rest, it will kill everyone.

This module is designed to use the “An Average Wild West Town” from Fabled Environments.

Shaintar: Dwarven Clanhomes

Since the shift of the property from Evil Beagle Games to Savage Mojo, the manuscripts have been flying in at a lightning pace. Here’s a new Guidebook, the one for the Dwarves of Shaintar.

Welcome to Hearth, Home and Forge – your entrance to the Dwarven Clanhomes of Shaintar!

The song of the mountain calls you. What happens during marriage, birth or death ceremony? How do the craftmasters make such amazing stone and steel items?

What does a home look and feel like and how do they interact with magic? These questions and more are answered here. You’ll learn much about what life is like in a typical clanhome. We talk about politics, family and even crime and punishment. Follow us as we delve down deep into Iron Song, home of Clan Shalebreaker and learn about how this city works.

An excellent addition to your Shaintar campaign, as well as for any Savage Worlds fan looking to add some new and fun material for their fantasy gaming.

DriveThru Halloween Sale

It’s time to click all over DriveThruRPG (and the other DriveThru sites), looking for these –

They’ll have freebies, special discounts, and the occasional just-fun bit.

As well, tons of stuff on sale for excellent prices!

Rotted Capes

Someone pointed me at this one in particular, and it seems extraordinarily appropriate for the season. Play out the Zombie Apocalypse in a world full of supers – Rotted Capes.

Death Never Held So Much Power!

The Golden Age of Superheroes has ended, not with a BANG, but with a BITE!

The Dead overran the world and humanity’s protectors are missing, dead or worst of all, Z’ed!

Once dismissed as the B-List Superhero, you are now mankind’s last hope for survival in this horrific world where the Super Zombies sit atop the food chain, looking hungrily down upon you.

Survive the Zombie Apocalypse with:
• Rules based upon the Origins-Award Winning Arcanis Roleplaying Game system
• Power sets, gear, survival techniques, and a comprehensive skill system
• A complete example setting: Paradigm City!

Alternate Origins

The verbiage of characters is a powerful concept in Cypher-driven games, which The Strange exemplifies in nigh-infinite degrees. Now the doors are opened to start with someone who isn’t human or from the core Earth paradigm. One thing players love is more options for character builds (and, in the case of this setting, more translation options as well), so here’s a must-have.

In The Strange, characters frequently change as they travel from recursion to recursion. A Stealthy vector who is Licensed to Carry on Earth might become, through the process of translation to a fantasy-like recursion such as Ardeyn, a Stealthy vector who Slays Dragons. Or a Stealthy vector who Integrates Weaponry in a recursion where mad science is a natural law.

But what if your character isn’t from Earth? What if she came here from one of those recursions—or what if your campaign is set in Earth’s shoals, in places where the characters don’t even know Earth exists? What if you just want even more flexibility in how characters translate in your campaign?

Alternate Origins introduces 15 new descriptors for characters not from Earth. A Vampire vector who is Licensed to Carry? A Halfling or a Grey spinner? How about a Rebel, or a Mutant paradox? New worlds of choices open up to your characters when they have Alternate Origins!

~~~~~

So we've got a Halloween party tonight, and another one tomorrow - it's great living in such a geek-friendly city like Denver, CO. I hope all of you have something fun planned for the weekend as well, as it's not always that a great holiday like this falls onto a weekend.

Oddly, no gaming scheduled. Well, it's very likely we'll get some board and card gaming in at one or both of the parties, but no RPGs. I honestly can't remember the last weekend where I didn't have at least one RPG session planned, either as a player or (far more likely) GM. No worries, though - there's always Monday Night Savages at Total Escape Games, so...

The Adventure Continues!

~SPF

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm certainly glad we focused in with laser-like precision on the most important aspect of Sean's post!

I'm certainly glad we focused in with laser-like precision on the most important aspect of Sean's post!

C'mon Morrus, surely you can't be surprised that people ignore the main issues and pick up on minor points on the Internet. I swear it's like a pastime for some. :)

Did I start another flame war by accident? Again?

Perhaps I should amend my statement to say "the geekiest of all the *major* holidays."

As for all the *other* holidays, I might go so far as to claim March 4th AKA GM's Day as the true winner of the category.

;-)

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases