The 20 RPG News Stories Which Got You Talking This Year

Throughout 2015, hundreds of RPG news stories have been posted here on EN World. I thought it would be fun to take a look back at the year and see which ones generated the most "buzz". Below, I have listed the most popular news stories of the year measured by number of comments- in other words, the ones which got folks talking. It's a very D&D-heavy list, so I've also listed (separately) the top 12 non-D&D stories of the year. Ironically, the most talked about news story of the year was only four sentences long!

Throughout 2015, hundreds of RPG news stories have been posted here on EN World. I thought it would be fun to take a look back at the year and see which ones generated the most "buzz". Below, I have listed the most popular news stories of the year measured by number of comments- in other words, the ones which got folks talking. It's a very D&D-heavy list, so I've also listed (separately) the top 12 non-D&D stories of the year. Ironically, the most talked about news story of the year was only four sentences long!

1. 7 Years of D&D Stories? And a "Big Reveal" Coming? (March)
  2. Mike Mearls on D&D Psionics: Should Psionic Flavor Be Altered? (June)
  3. New SCAG Info: Someone Got The Book (October)
  4. WotC's Nathan Stewart: "Story, Story, Story"; and IS D&D a Tabletop Game? (April)
  5. WotC's Chris Perkins Talks About... Everything! Upcoming Storylines, Products, Staffing, Other Worlds, & More! (November)
  6. RAGE OF DEMONS! New D&D Storyline Features Drizzt, Underdark, & Demon Lords! (May)
  7. FANTASY GROUNDS Virtual Tabletop's D&D License! (April)
  8. Gen Con Takes Stand For Inclusiveness (March)
  9. Light, Dark, Underdark - November's Unearthed Arcana (November)
  10. New D&D Survey: What Do you Want From Older Editions? (June)
  11. Unearthed Arcana: Another New Ranger Variant (September)
  12. Star Wars Spoilers Thread [Spoilers] (December)
  13. Psionics Hits Unearthed Arcana (July)
  14. The 'Wonderland'-Inspired Faces of the RAGE OF DEMONS (May)
  15. Third Party Character Creation iOS App Removed (February)
  16. Here Come The PRESTIGE CLASSES! Plus Rune Magic! (October)
  17. November's SAGE ADVICE Is Here! (November)
  18. WotC To Close Forums - Including D&D and M:tG (aka "Welcome New Forum Members to EN World!") (September)
  19. Rogue Mastermind Archetype Up, Courtesy of Extra Life (October)
  20. D&D 5E Player's Handbook Official Errata (June)

That list is, of course, very dominated by Dungeons & Dragons. So here's a list of the 12 top non-D&D stories of the year!

1. Gen Con Takes Stand For Inclusiveness (March)
  2. Star Wars Spoilers Thread [Spoilers] (December)
  3. What's A Freelancer RPG Writer Worth? (February)
  4. Why Aren't Designers Using The GUMSHOE System? (December)
  5. BLUE ROSE Returns, Championing Diversity & Inclusiveness (March)
  6. Pathfinder Online Layoffs; Ryan Dancey Leaves Company (September)
  7. What's Paizo's "Big News"? (February)
  8. Congratulations to the 2015 ENnies Nominees! (June)
  9. Is the OSR Dead? (September)
  10. What's the most anticipated RPG of 2015? (February)
  11. RIFTS Is Coming To SAVAGE WORLDS! (April)
  12. Congratulations to the 2015 ENnies Award Winners! (August)

Brodie

Explorer
I'm surprised the sale of L5R didn't make this list. A twenty year old IP that's constantly had new material being sold to another company seems huge to me.

smiteworks

Explorer
I look forward to a new year and what we'll be talking about for 2016. The only thing I hope is that the news are mostly positive. With all the acquisitions that occurred in 2015, I can imagine this being the year when people start launching new things.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads